Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JimJamYimYam t1_j00ricq wrote

Isn't that just Kellogg's?

TonyJZX t1_j00sriy wrote

just a cost of doing business for kelloggs

AdClemson t1_j01e1vw wrote

People don't understand that all big corps have these kind of fines and lawsuits already built into their annual budgets. Meaning, it is already part of doing business for them. This means these fines and penalties are already accounted for in their annual costs and subsequently pricing which is being paid by the customers.

TonyJZX t1_j01e6v6 wrote

i think a single member of their c-suite would get an $85,000 BMW as part of their salary package...

perineum_420 t1_j0f0k2i wrote

I came here to say this. Why would they report "Eggo" instead of Kelloggs. Makes me wonder if there is some courtesy in the reporting

oxero t1_j01rfmw wrote

$85,000 for making an entire community shelter in place for hours while releasing toxic glasses into the atmosphere. That's pretty bullshit, it's Kellogg's, hit them with a larger fine, they can afford it.

secinvestor t1_j00o7zk wrote

Really? Never released toxic gas from Eggos but Taco Bell is another story

GamingGems t1_j00o2a0 wrote

Yep, there’s a lot of toxic gas when I leggo my eggo

hindusoul t1_j00x4eg wrote

Yeah… their Nutrigrain turned to shit too

boltsnuts t1_j01xrl0 wrote

I have never made toxic gas while cooking. Maybe after eating, but not while making food. What the fuck are they cooking with?

invectioncoven t1_j02cu5y wrote

You also don't typically puncture the coolant lines of your refrigerator while cooking at home..

rem_lap t1_j03sqb8 wrote

To elaborate on the comment from /u/invectioncoven below, the article is ambiguously written with minimal detail, so I totally understand from where your comment is stemming.

I am willing to bet its ambiguity can be attributed to the District Attorney's office (source) and/or author's lack of familiarity with the technical subject matter related to hazmat incidents.

Anhydrous ammonia can be some real dangerous shit for any human to be exposed to, but I'm about 99% certain that it's not DIRECTLY used in the processing of our precious Eggo waffles.

But as the article alludes, "anhydrous ammonia is a refrigerant commonly used in food processing," when it likely should have said something akin to "anhydrous ammonia is a refrigerant commonly used in commercial cooling/freezing systems found in food processing"

So, essentially, the article (unintentionally) causes the reader to infer that anhydrous ammonia is used in the processing of waffles. When in all likelihood, that's not exactly the case. Just as you and the food you prepare at home are never in direct contact with HFC-134a (1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane) (a common refrigerant used in residential refrigerators/freezers), the Eggo waffles are never in direct contact with the anhydrous ammonia, but our precious waffles are being kept at an ideal temperature for long term storage of edible Eggos thanks to the chemical and physical properties of anhydrous ammonia and modern science.

Curious_Associate904 t1_j00zenw wrote

So is this as a result of the increased demand caused by stranger things, or was stranger things just a brand management thing where they threw money at building up a wholesome image before the news broke?

zuuzuu t1_j02g2r5 wrote

Neither. Stranger Things was a documentary, and the upside down is leaking.

butterflypoo69 t1_j03b4cc wrote

The toxic gas usually gets released about an hour after you eat them…. 😱💨

Wrothrok t1_j00udar wrote

Yesh, sorry about that. Eggos turn me nuclear.

WirelessBCupSupport t1_j01xq60 wrote

"Looks like we can raise the prices of our cereals...again!" - Kelloggs C-level folk

Fuck_Blue_Shells t1_j06f3w8 wrote

That’s nothing to Kellogg’s. Simply the cost of doing business and not even remotely a deterrent in any way.

perineum_420 t1_j0f10ic wrote

Dear Kelloggs. Please frost the entire top of the poptart. You'll make trillions

SoSoUnhelpful t1_j00r0nw wrote

That also happened to my friend Sally.

−3

craiger_123 t1_j00mqqy wrote

Is this like how cows fart and destroy the ozone?

−23