Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

worldbound0514 t1_j2l5pan wrote

Rumor is OD on her front porch in Memphis. Very sad.

[deleted] t1_j2lhc4m wrote

Ugh that makes me sad, what a depressing way to go

incognito_ginger t1_j2nmr3r wrote

That said it was a very Memphis way to go

[deleted] t1_j2ofpxb wrote

Sad but so fuckin true.

DukeOfGeek t1_j2vr7ir wrote

100 thousand people died from overdoses last year. It's a unreported fucking epidemic.

arlenroy t1_j2p2edy wrote

Actually she was probably having fun, chilling out on the porch, just chopping it up with friends, and took a little too much of whatever it was. I've been there. If you're gonna go, that's probably one of the better ways.

gladamirflint t1_j2lr7yu wrote

Might’ve been nice for her, depending. Could have been a peaceful drift away from her place of comfort.

Milly_man t1_j2mfb2d wrote

I don't think we should romanticise fatal drug overdoses.

[deleted] t1_j2mz44s wrote

[removed]

shewy92 t1_j2n02m4 wrote

Nitrogen gas. You literally don't feel anything and just get sleepy.

lostallmyconnex t1_j2okkag wrote

Too risky. If you don't tie your hands up, while passing out you will likely rip out whatever you're breathing out of with the nitrogen.

Requires a good cocktail that will essentially put you under anethesia unless someone is willing to help you in the act.

lostallmyconnex t1_j2okv7g wrote

Oh and finding pure nitrogen gas in 2023? Forget about it.

Unless you do something for work that will justify to a local company they should sell you a large cannister.

Easier to just buy a fent analogue than it is to buy nitrogen where I live.

I think about it quite a lot, even that small percent chance it would fail and leave me paralyzed is enough to fear the outcome.

−1

[deleted] t1_j2r19in wrote

[deleted]

lostallmyconnex t1_j2t29zc wrote

Ok, can I assume you had a reason to be there? The lpcal company requires a business to purchase it. Individuals cannot purchase the pure stuff if they aren't using it for work in most cases.

I doubt its like that everywhere. So refer to the rest of my other comment on how likely this method is to fail.

slipandweld t1_j2nl76z wrote

Better than romanticising war or other on the job deaths. Die bravely for somebody else's profits or die comfy and high as hell? I know which one I think is more respectable.

SloeMoe t1_j2nao13 wrote

How about merely being accurate about how it might feel to experience an overdose, would that be okay with you?

−1

gladamirflint t1_j2n40g3 wrote

I think saying she died peacefully is better than spreading rumors about her apparently depressing and violent end.

−14

Modsblogoats t1_j2n6squ wrote

Spreading lies to counter rumors?

gladamirflint t1_j2n7uwr wrote

Not sure what I said was a lie or a rumor. Just saying that drug overdoses have the potential to be peaceful.

−5

RttnAttorney t1_j2ods1r wrote

Sure. Overdose deaths are so peaceful that we don’t have an opioid problem anymore folks! Hear that everyone?!

−6

Harmonia_PASB t1_j2mrml5 wrote

I was overdosed on dilauded in a hospital, went into respiratory arrest, my o2 was 22%, I was blue and seizing. My ex husband gave me sternum rubs to keep me breathing I remember waking up mad because all I wanted to do was sleep, I didn’t care when he explained that I was dying. An OD can be a very pleasant way to die.

gladamirflint t1_j2n296n wrote

Sorry that happened, it must have been rough. That's what scares me, I had a similar experience (not as extreme) and I was totally fine just drifting away.

DirtyDoctrine t1_j2nfs0f wrote

I was on Dilaudid for an extended period (about 3 weeks) for a major, MAJOR hospital stay I had. That shit is scary and it actually started giving me nightmares. I could see it being an extremely peaceful way to die and after 3 weeks in the hospital, the willingness to keep fighting becomes harder and harder to find.

I had them pull me off it as soon as I wasn't in near constant pain.

latebloomer2015 t1_j2o333g wrote

She was on marriage boot camp this past season. They got kicked out because producers found drugs in their room. She seemed like she had some life issues she was struggling with and had for a long time.