Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j2lhc4m wrote

Ugh that makes me sad, what a depressing way to go

incognito_ginger t1_j2nmr3r wrote

That said it was a very Memphis way to go

[deleted] t1_j2ofpxb wrote

Sad but so fuckin true.

DukeOfGeek t1_j2vr7ir wrote

100 thousand people died from overdoses last year. It's a unreported fucking epidemic.

arlenroy t1_j2p2edy wrote

Actually she was probably having fun, chilling out on the porch, just chopping it up with friends, and took a little too much of whatever it was. I've been there. If you're gonna go, that's probably one of the better ways.

gladamirflint t1_j2lr7yu wrote

Might’ve been nice for her, depending. Could have been a peaceful drift away from her place of comfort.

Milly_man t1_j2mfb2d wrote

I don't think we should romanticise fatal drug overdoses.

[deleted] t1_j2mz44s wrote

[removed]

shewy92 t1_j2n02m4 wrote

Nitrogen gas. You literally don't feel anything and just get sleepy.

lostallmyconnex t1_j2okkag wrote

Too risky. If you don't tie your hands up, while passing out you will likely rip out whatever you're breathing out of with the nitrogen.

Requires a good cocktail that will essentially put you under anethesia unless someone is willing to help you in the act.

lostallmyconnex t1_j2okv7g wrote

Oh and finding pure nitrogen gas in 2023? Forget about it.

Unless you do something for work that will justify to a local company they should sell you a large cannister.

Easier to just buy a fent analogue than it is to buy nitrogen where I live.

I think about it quite a lot, even that small percent chance it would fail and leave me paralyzed is enough to fear the outcome.

−1

[deleted] t1_j2r19in wrote

[deleted]

lostallmyconnex t1_j2t29zc wrote

Ok, can I assume you had a reason to be there? The lpcal company requires a business to purchase it. Individuals cannot purchase the pure stuff if they aren't using it for work in most cases.

I doubt its like that everywhere. So refer to the rest of my other comment on how likely this method is to fail.

slipandweld t1_j2nl76z wrote

Better than romanticising war or other on the job deaths. Die bravely for somebody else's profits or die comfy and high as hell? I know which one I think is more respectable.

SloeMoe t1_j2nao13 wrote

How about merely being accurate about how it might feel to experience an overdose, would that be okay with you?

−1

gladamirflint t1_j2n40g3 wrote

I think saying she died peacefully is better than spreading rumors about her apparently depressing and violent end.

−14

Modsblogoats t1_j2n6squ wrote

Spreading lies to counter rumors?

gladamirflint t1_j2n7uwr wrote

Not sure what I said was a lie or a rumor. Just saying that drug overdoses have the potential to be peaceful.

−5

RttnAttorney t1_j2ods1r wrote

Sure. Overdose deaths are so peaceful that we don’t have an opioid problem anymore folks! Hear that everyone?!

−6

Harmonia_PASB t1_j2mrml5 wrote

I was overdosed on dilauded in a hospital, went into respiratory arrest, my o2 was 22%, I was blue and seizing. My ex husband gave me sternum rubs to keep me breathing I remember waking up mad because all I wanted to do was sleep, I didn’t care when he explained that I was dying. An OD can be a very pleasant way to die.

gladamirflint t1_j2n296n wrote

Sorry that happened, it must have been rough. That's what scares me, I had a similar experience (not as extreme) and I was totally fine just drifting away.

DirtyDoctrine t1_j2nfs0f wrote

I was on Dilaudid for an extended period (about 3 weeks) for a major, MAJOR hospital stay I had. That shit is scary and it actually started giving me nightmares. I could see it being an extremely peaceful way to die and after 3 weeks in the hospital, the willingness to keep fighting becomes harder and harder to find.

I had them pull me off it as soon as I wasn't in near constant pain.