Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ceratisa t1_j5glhuc wrote

Didn't Poland say something like

We'll do it without permission.

jayfeather31 t1_j5gnvtl wrote

Poland and Russia really don't like each other, so that's not surprising.

Zombie_Harambe t1_j5j08ep wrote

Polands entire history is basically being fucked by Russia, Prussia, or both.

The American flag is red for liberty, white for freedom, and blue for justice.

The polish flag is red for the blood of Russians they plan to kill. White for the bones of Russians they plan to kill.

rain168 t1_j5j1de9 wrote

T - is for the way you Take my breath away

I - is for the way I like it when you take my breath away

N - is for No one else takes my breath away, and...

A - is for Asthma that is a disease that takes people's breath away!

−32

[deleted] t1_j5i16m0 wrote

[removed]

Bladye t1_j5iyk7n wrote

Ukraine confirmed that they started training their soldiers in Poland on Leopards

Charr03 t1_j5jg8j2 wrote

If I understand it correctly, they only started after the German minister of defense recommended them to do that.

and_dont_blink t1_j5klbsq wrote

>The simple truth is that Poland hasn't even asked for export permissions yet,

Because Germany has been extremely clear it wouldn't give permission. It even started a whole program where member countries could send older Soviet tanks in exchange for German tanks, but would not allow German tanks into Ukraine. This only started after public pressure to send tanks couldn't be ignored.

This fell apart when Germany wasn't following through, and Poland finally said they'd setup a coalition of willing partners to send in tanks, get Ukraine training and the supplies and repairs/maintenance they would need. The USA said they'd send Abrams tanks to countries that sent their leopards, because Germany is unwilling and unable. This isn't ideal as the continent and Ukraine are not setup for leopards, but Germany isn't giving a lot of choice and many, many Ukranians will die without them.

> and Germany has repeatedly stated that would give permission..

This isn't true funwithtentacles. Please provide some links that aren't from the last day or so? You won't be able to, because Germany has been extremely clear they wouldn't allow it.

I don't understand the German attempts to blatantly lie and rewrite history about these things, as history is not going to be any kinder to their role in this unless there are serioys changes.

MusicURlooking4 t1_j5i4ris wrote

> We'll do it without permission.

What you have to understand is our country is being ruled at the moment by the cynical and dishonest populists, they are as anti-German as they are anti-Russian and their goal is to make Germany look bad first and to send the tanks second.

We have this saying here in Poland, "to cook two pieces of meat on a single fire" and that's what they are trying to do now, sadly it is the innocent Ukrainians who are paying with their lives for this disgusting political games ;_;

Ceratisa t1_j5iadgo wrote

We have a similar idiom in English. "To kill two birds with one stone." I agree fully though, it's a true shame when politicking gets in the way of actual good.

PenguinSunday t1_j5ioi6n wrote

Why do they require permission? Is Poland beholden to Germany?

Stitch0815 t1_j5iqaba wrote

When buying arms from germany the contract states you need permission from the German goverment to resell or give them away.

PenguinSunday t1_j5iqhae wrote

Thank you for explaining :)

Pixel_CCOWaDN t1_j5k5bd9 wrote

BTW this is not really exclusive to Germany. Almost all countries will require you to get their permission before you re-export their weapons.

Lor360 t1_j5hhjhd wrote

Ukraine getting new tanks, meanwhile, Russia is spending the last of its missile supply on performative strikes for internal propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8K2Wi1asr0

I don't know what they think they will hit those tanks with when they arrive.

NecromanticSolution t1_j5jhncl wrote

Poland says a lot. Mostly it's grandstanding.

If they do it without permission the sole reason for that is, they did not ask.

quietthomas t1_j5ma1p8 wrote

German is on the wrong side of Poland (geographically) to be blocking things.