Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dr_DMT t1_ixh3m0l wrote

In terms of clinical psychology none of us are future seeing psychics.

Our minds have a predisposition to searching for patterns so if you are seeing "patterns" or perhaps having ideas of tragedy as a future event it is a reflection of your own personal interpretation of the world whether or not those events happen "a narcissism". Statistically any single one of us can make an accurate prediction because of the infinite possibilities of life and all of those predictions will have a human understanding or some reality in it as they are based on this pattern searching survival technique evolution left our brains with and human language or interpretations in general.

A lot of people will read the original post and think wow "your instinct is telling you something" but what I see is a narcissism in its defined character. A person holding on to a belief that they can "see the future" and in holding on to that belief is following a pattern of their minds creation that's leading them to the emotions or the feelings of being super natural. Or a grand delusion.

Is it healthy? Idk. But when someone comes to me with "omens" or "conspiracies" I definitely have to question ones belief systems as reality almost never aligns with their beliefs. Included in the mix is a lot of self seeking behavior. A lot of people I encounter with these supernatural belief systems end up creating turmoil for themselves so they can feel right about their omens.