Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

xVoidDragonx t1_j9ofipd wrote

Red State small government ya say?

--___- t1_j9ppdyt wrote

#This moronic bill was proposed by the Democrats in Florida.

(I’m a democrat)

• Do we really want to give Florida police another reason to do traffic stops?
  • Nobody who is single is going to find another person to travel with them and their dog. To the vet, to the park, to grandma’s etc.
  • How many animals are actually harmed now? I do cringe when seeing animals in the back of pickup trucks with zero restraints.
  • Could the Democrats focus on things like the FL education bullshit and women’s healthcare? Because this is a bill is as ridiculous as some of the Republican policies.

qwertyuiiop145 t1_j9r58h0 wrote

The reporter read it wrong, the dog only needs supervision by a non-driver if they aren’t in a harness or crate

zembriski t1_j9q43c7 wrote

>Could the Democrats focus on things like the FL education bullshit and women’s healthcare? Because this is a bill is as ridiculous as some of the Republican policies.

No, in the same way that Republicans can't focus on campaign finance reform and limiting congressional investments and salaries. Doesn't matter if it matches the principles of the platform, it's not the showy shit that makes headlines and gets them re-elected.

NEITHER side is the good side. Sure one side is objectively more (openly, at least) evil, but don't for a second think that either side is a good choice.

edit, just to point out that, I fully understand no Republicans are pushing for those things I mentioned. But both sides pretty happily fought against that kind of reform because it didn't suit their agendas at the time.

CouchWizard t1_j9qxjlq wrote

Bullshit both siderism usually allows the shittier side to win. Both are not the same, especially in florida. That said, this proposed bill has insanity sprinkled with sane ideas to give it credence. Dems always take the gold in handicapping themselves

zembriski t1_j9rlqxk wrote

>both siderism

No, this isn't BOTH siderism (is that a word, if so I'm using the shit out of it!). It's NEITHER siderism. Don't set the house on fire just to get rid of the termites, and don't bulldoze the house to put out the fire... We have to fight smarter and realize that it's indeed a case of US vs THEM, it's just that the us and them aren't red and blue; WE are the people living in fear and subjugation while THEY are playing us against each other so they can keep playing out their hunger games bullshit from the comfortable seats of power.

CouchWizard t1_j9s56ww wrote

Saying neither side is choosing to reject both parties in a first past the post system. That doesn't work when the only way to change the system is to participate in it, though, because you won't be able to get a majority on your third party before an established party wins

improper84 t1_j9rjk3y wrote

Florida has a Republican governor, so any reasonable proposal would get vetoed anyway, right?

FaithCantBeTakenAway t1_j9scc92 wrote

The K9 is secured in a back cage in the back - RESEARCH AND READ THE ENTIRE BILL. For Christs sakes there are some f’ing morons on this sub. If you cannot comprehend this potential bill - and you care so little about your dog’s safety - you DON’T DESERVE A DOG.

FaithCantBeTakenAway t1_j9sct3f wrote

This one is laughable: “No one that is single is going to go find someone to ride with them.” When your dog flies out into traffic or slams into a windshield ………… let’s hear you moan and groan then.

Efficient-Maize-4797 t1_j9rudcq wrote

Why is a bill protecting animals moronic? You don't have to have a non driver with you, it was reported incorrectly. First sensible bill I've seen come up from Florida

−2

Zakery92 t1_j9ovgon wrote

You didn’t read that it was filed by the state minority leader did you?

−5

OrneryBrahmin t1_j9pgbog wrote

Why y’all downvote Zakery? Jesus.

Zakery92 t1_j9pgige wrote

Because Reddit is a deep blue echo chamber and you’re not supposed to step out of line.

−4