Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

omally_360 t1_iws2jxj wrote

Yes, and you would do the same if you were in his shoes.

−208

Shaquandala t1_iwss8tr wrote

Would I give it up for alot of money? Yes, would I when I already have a billion? No I already have a shit ton of money

Viper_JB t1_iwuogzt wrote

I mean if you were uneducated and spent most of the formative years of your life with a bunch of other sweaty men in locker rooms then...maybe I guess.

squirt619 t1_iws6ax9 wrote

nope.

omally_360 t1_iwsdxgt wrote

Sure you wouldn’t.

−118

Magic_Man_Boobs t1_iwsvy1i wrote

Just because enough money would make you compromise your morals doesn't mean everyone is as weak willed as you are.

Klaus0225 t1_iwtaghf wrote

If I were in his shoes? Absolutely not. I’d already have more than enough to last my family generations. Would not be worth the compromise. If I were in my current shoes somehow getting this offer? Absolutely yes.

Nop277 t1_iwu2yi0 wrote

If I were in my current shoes I would deffintely take the money knowing I'm taking 150 million dollars to be an ambassador which is to them, essentially worthless. I'm pretty sure half the people I have sway over don't even know what or where Qatar is, or have any interest in soccer for that matter.

Hecticfreeze t1_iwshqg3 wrote

Promote slavery and hatred? There's not enough money in the world. I don't think I'm a particularly great person but that is a hard line for me

Klaus0225 t1_iwtajgy wrote

I’d go promote it for 150m. No one knows who I am anyways so it wouldn’t have much of an affect.

Dudelison t1_iwttp9y wrote

I would probably say yes in MY shoes, because I don't have millions of dollars in my shoes, in their shoes you should have the luxury to pass on a couple of million.

goliathfasa t1_iwsyce8 wrote

Folks. Come on. Go easy on the guy.

All they’re saying is that if they were offered the money, they’d do the same.

omally_360 t1_iwuictc wrote

Yes, that’s all I am saying, although I probably said it in a rather cross way. Do I support A World Cup in Qatar? Absolutely a million times NO.

But for 150 million I could probably say, which may or may not be true (hopefully the former), that hosting there perhaps will progress the country at least a little bit.

That is the hope anyway. That this World Cup opens the regimes eyes.

I just think it’s unlikely that the majority of average reddit user would just turn down that kind of money for basicslly minimum work.

But good for them, I have to add.

Daikataro t1_iwt7il9 wrote

I think he's rich enough that 150 millions is not worth it...

JohnHolts_Huge_Rasta t1_iwuwmzb wrote

Well i would not if i had billion worth of wealth already. But sucking Qatars cock seems to be something he enjoys