Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PSEL14 t1_j9oxtfi wrote

America is a joke , maybe if they didn’t spend 500b on military it would be come down 50% not up , I don’t get how you lot don’t protest about your military spending

shanninc t1_j9pbwiq wrote

I wish we spent 500b on military.

The 2023 federal direct budget for the military is $813b (which is more than they asked for).

That also doesn't include the hundreds of billions in state and local municipality police and corrections budgets.

PSEL14 t1_j9pc6ho wrote

It’s crazy , the way some people are living in America is crazy , extreme poverty . And then when they’re ill they can’t get the right health care it’s mental to me

PSEL14 t1_j9pcc0z wrote

I’d understand it to an extent of America was a poor country but it’s the complete opposite

Sparrow186 t1_j9qgjuw wrote

We’re too busy propping up European countries who can’t put up the coin to defend themselves. Waste of fucking cash.

−1

TwoBehindTheEyes t1_j9qauyt wrote

We did spend 500b on the military last year, it's just that it was the Ukrainian military

Grass8989 t1_j9pqcz3 wrote

Does this budget include the money that we send to foreign ally’s?

−2

OhGoodOhMan t1_j9qdojb wrote

Not even close. The US spends $4.3T annually on healthcare, which you might notice is several times larger than the defense budget, even if you include things like aid to Ukraine.

The problem is the lack of financial efficiency in American healthcare. We spend far more per person yet have worse health (using life expectancy as a proxy) compared to all other highly developed nations.

Fresh720 t1_j9oyxzn wrote

Too busy working or distracting ourselves. There's a reason why so many people were in the streets protesting during the pandemic, lot of shit was locked down

PSEL14 t1_j9oz7it wrote

There comes a point when you shouldn’t / can’t ignore it

Fresh720 t1_j9pcpmk wrote

Facts, there's a reason why they televised people getting beat on camera. Shit was a threat to the general population if they thought about protesting for anything. Even when you do it "the right way" there's almost no coverage on it making it useless.

PSEL14 t1_j9pd8wk wrote

Completely agree , the media has a tight grip on everything , push a false narrative to go to wars to justify military spending etc , they don’t put out what they don’t want the general public knowing . Plus wouldn’t be surprised if they started arresting people if a protest happened and got out of there control