Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

avocadopalace t1_j8y6l53 wrote

This flight from New Zealand had made it all the way to Hawai'i when it got told there was no where to land at JFK.

10+ hours in the air for nothing.

doodle77 t1_j8y9gdg wrote

Damn I would be so mad. At least take me to Newark.

seafoodgodddd t1_j8yee33 wrote

The one time I'm fine with being dropped in Jersey unexpectedly

pseudochef93 t1_j8yla3h wrote

The best I can do is Newburgh

JF0909 t1_j8z90s9 wrote

Honestly that would be a reasonable alternative. It has a long runway for the air force so it can accommodate big planes and it's not a very busy airport. Then charter a few buses to get them down to jfk.

oreosfly t1_j8ytzo5 wrote

TBH, I wouldn't give a shit at that point. I'd be willing to take a train or drive from BOS, PHL, or IAD rather than turn back around

craftkiller t1_j90t5hj wrote

This is what happened to my flight. Diverted to Newark.

[deleted] t1_j8yibm2 wrote

Or, the plane became sentient and heard the drums of its Polynesian canoe voyaging forefathers calling it back home towards Tahiti

avocadopalace t1_j8ykvgn wrote

"The controls aren't responding, sir!"

"God dammit, this is all Maui's fault!"

seafoodgodddd t1_j8yl9ih wrote

The last thing the PAX in the back hear before the 777 hits the water at 620kts is "you're welcome"

Flivver_King t1_j8ytk58 wrote

It trusted Dutch’s plan. The plane just wanted to go to Tuheetee to pick mangoes with the van der Linde gang.

paulwhitedotnyc t1_j8y7la0 wrote

What an awesome thing to read on the air train to JFK.

Putiman OP t1_j8yjbad wrote

Hope you weren't terminal 1 like me

NYCB1RDY t1_j8yxw1a wrote

Hate T1, no parking and no airtrain station. The pickup area at T1 is so fucked up with too many traffic.

Striking_Result430 t1_j916y70 wrote

I was on air train Friday morning 5 am jfk but going to terminal 5. Hope I can make it home from my trip next week lol

pseudochef93 t1_j8ykyu1 wrote

From the info I gathered online, these airlines use Terminal 1 at JFK:

Air France, Air China, Air New Zealand, Air Serbia, Air Senegal, Asiana Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Azores Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Cayman Airlines, China Eastern, EgyptAir, EVA Air, Flair Airlines, ITA Airlines, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Neos, Norse Atlantic Airways, Philippine Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Saudia, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, VivaAerobus, Volaris

Any of these are your airline I would call ahead.

PamelaVilla t1_j90hw05 wrote

I use to work in Terminal 1 — this doesn’t shock me. The terminal use to always have electrical issues specially in the bag room, electric stairs and Gates. Even leaks in certain areas of the airport— so embarrassing. But, happy they are finally renovating JFK. It’s definitely long overdue.