Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

iStealyournewspapers t1_je5ev0h wrote

Totally. Travel agencies were once useful, but now it’s pretty ok if they go away with all our added technology.

tengentopp t1_je67hgd wrote

Might not agree with this one. My grandma still uses her travel agency and it's pretty nice. Sure she pays a bit of a premium, but she tells them exactly what she wants and they handle the rest. I've come to see them as a travel concierge type of service. If you're not a fan of endlessly comparing plane tickets and combinations of hotel stays, it's a good option.

iStealyournewspapers t1_je684ts wrote

Yeah for sure, that’s actually why I said “pretty ok” rather than “totally ok” since I do know that older generations still like to use them, but of course those generations are dying out slowly. I actually used a travel agent 11 years ago to help me set up the most efficient trip possible so I could be in certain cities on certain days in order to complete an around the world trip (with a prize involved) in 11 days. Definitely worth it to have an experienced human help me sort out something that was already a bit overwhelming.