Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Grass8989 t1_its5533 wrote

The majority of the sub is civil servant hating WFHers. Congrats to everyone that got an email! Great benefits, pension and salary, and also a greatly needed position.

Trying2MakeAChange t1_itsio2w wrote

From what I can tell no one hates civil servants as a category.

People hate bad police officers and people hate civil servants who lie about overtime. Otherwise civil servants are pretty respected.

Grass8989 t1_ituljjj wrote

People were literally calling for all corrections officers to be fired, who are largely PoC and women.

−10

Grass8989 t1_itst9t0 wrote

Show me any post that was actually positive on civil servants lol.

−24

JunkratOW t1_itszb3n wrote

Show us a post that was negative lol? This sub is not punching down and disrespecting subway cleaners lol wtf?

Grass8989 t1_itulfso wrote

People were literally calling for all corrections officers to be fired, who are largely PoC and women.

−6

thereallysososantini t1_itsixf6 wrote

We have a sub r/nycpublicservants

tinydancer_inurhand t1_itv3tnv wrote

I live at a terminal and really appreciate all the work they do to keep the trains cleaned. It's not easy and sometimes the turn around is just a few minutes. If you ever see a subway cleaner say thank you! The work they do is thankless.

Double-Ad4986 t1_itstfv8 wrote

how much is the pay?

JunkratOW t1_itszz9d wrote

Pay is $19 hr/ and jumps to $31 after 6 yrs. Another job where you have to grind overtime just to barely make ends meet.

Double-Ad4986 t1_ittgt19 wrote

shit i make $16 at a major news network...we getting scraps from corporations worse than the gov

BeMoreChill t1_ituhdju wrote

How much do you want to clean garbage? $31 an hour isn’t bad and you don’t have to live in the city you get free train rides

True_Comment_4144 t1_itxib64 wrote

>How much do you want to clean garbage?

Redditors?

150k a year with 3 months paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and the ability to WFH and pick up garbage virtually on zoom 3 out of 5 days a week.

Anything short of that is unfair and radical unchecked capitalism.

−2

bklynzboy OP t1_itsvhz7 wrote

I believe it was starting at 22.50 after 6 years it's 35 if I'm not mistaking

UrbanAssault t1_itu3pyw wrote

Top pay is currently 31.72 until a new contract is reached

Grimed t1_itsjztg wrote

What was your list number?

josephpats1 t1_itvnix4 wrote

My transit cleaner list number is 64xxx definitely won’t get called

bklynzboy OP t1_itwovr7 wrote

Bro never know. They hiring a lot of people. I heard they hired 800 already

[deleted] t1_itsglkk wrote

They’re calling people that quick.

Icy_Bowl509 t1_itt6j5f wrote

Was it just a list number or something else after?

bklynzboy OP t1_ittbouh wrote

Appointment for English assessment test

Icy_Bowl509 t1_ittc9u5 wrote

Oh I see I don’t think I have gotten that email as of yet.

Overall-Sir845 t1_ittmuoo wrote

shiiittt. my company had a contract cleaning the subway system. we lost the contract so they csn do this. smh. they just canceled it on us early

−4

[deleted] t1_ittx8mp wrote

Your company was doing a shitty job.

UrbanAssault t1_itu496h wrote

MTA hasn't hired cleaners in years the list was short. The contract cleaners was a backhand deal signed by the union during the pandemic. There was a mass exodus of people who retired out of fear of catching COVID. They are starting to hire for every title. Compared to how they did it before with cleaners which was to call people off of a list from a different job.

bklynzboy OP t1_itu2r4q wrote

How was the work overall

UrbanAssault t1_itu4jk1 wrote

The job is different by department if you go Stations vs Car Equipment.

bklynzboy OP t1_ituhgb7 wrote

Dumb question but Do cleaners get drug tested for weed?

UrbanAssault t1_itvbvy8 wrote

i believe they do specially for safety sensitive titles, but random drug test are rare once your a cleaner unless you give them a reason to send you down for one.

No-Mirror4864 t1_iu9kzse wrote

Which is one is more simple? Also what did you mean with your other comment “the list was short”?

UrbanAssault t1_iu9vfh2 wrote

The cleaning is somewhat simple what changes is the work environment depending on dept. Cant really speak on stations but its somewhat self explanatory, Car Equipment your in a maintenance shop/yard or at a terminal station. When I was hired there were just under 900 cleaners, I think they've hired up to 12XX.