Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Silo-Joe t1_iuf3j4t wrote

I think this will be a temporary boost of police officers. Right after the elections, there will be fewer of them there.

ioioioshi t1_iuf7g8x wrote

Yup, the budget can’t sustain all this overtime.

Grass8989 t1_iufkh61 wrote

It’s funds specifically from the state, the governor could petition Washington to provide more funds if necessary. This isn’t part of the NYPDs budget.

franticredditperson t1_iufq3nk wrote

Instead of having a boost in officers, how about a boost in the requirements and discipline of existing officers? But of course Adams doesn't want to do that to help his police friends out

Grass8989 t1_iufxuty wrote

How about you be the change we need and join the NYPD, they are hiring. If all of the “policing experts” from Reddit joined the NYPD we would have a perfect police department!

FrankFriendo t1_iugq9qa wrote

Or they just hired better people and held them to a higher standard?

Grass8989 t1_iugr4xg wrote

It might surprise you, but people aren’t exactly lining up to be a cop these days.

RE5TE t1_iugyahk wrote

36K people isn't a lot of people to you?

🤔🤔🤔

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/ccrb/policy/data-transparency-initiative-mos.page

Silo-Joe t1_iuily7h wrote

RE5TE t1_iuir5m6 wrote

Do you know what the normal amount of quits and retirements in a year is? This chart only has "quits", which makes it seem much larger.

It's 2000 total usually. So this year is looking like it'll be 3000-4000 with the extra quits. 11% turnover instead of 6%. That's nothing.

Anyone who thinks these are the "best and brightest" leaving is stupid. Anyone who leaves before their pension without a good reason is also stupid. Good riddance to the bottom 11%.

Grass8989 t1_iujgwxp wrote

Also, the people that are joining are largely PoC, no one talks about how we have probably the most diverse police dept on the country. Gotta love white elitist that scream that PoC police officers are somehow “racist”.

RE5TE t1_iujm05e wrote

You said

>people aren’t exactly lining up to be a cop these days

Now they are, and they're diverse? Make up your mind man.

Grass8989 t1_iujmpn5 wrote

Of the people that are applying *. Obviously there aren’t 0 people applying to be police officers.

−1

mahabraja t1_iuhijwo wrote

If I'd imagine what someone who knows what the bottom of a boot tastes like was thinking, it sounds just like your comment.

−4

MoosesAndMeese t1_iugw706 wrote

2/10 unoriginal line. Obviously you don't have any original thoughts of your own.

If you don't like crime, why don't you become a criminal yourself and show all these bad criminals how to be good criminals?

See how stupid you sound? Smartest bootlicker one can possibly find in the wild right here

−6

Grass8989 t1_iuiz1z4 wrote

You live in Tennessee.

MoosesAndMeese t1_iujvj81 wrote

Yup and we have a fuck load of cops always around, yet still a higher violent crime rate than NYC. I see more cops than ever but crime rates haven't changed

Also I'm from the NYC metro

Silo-Joe t1_iugfxsc wrote

That seems more difficult. Most don’t want the overtime as I understand it, based on the PBA comments.