Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RyVsWorld t1_iunai6t wrote

Beautiful building

rosegil13 t1_iuodqzy wrote

The whole street is gorgeous. It’s a must visit - verandah place in Brooklyn.

seejordan3 t1_iup4w45 wrote

We call it opera alley. I took the same pic of the lantern flies. No actual ones in that park, but over in Columbia, there's a few.

BadApeNoBanana t1_iunm1fc wrote

Is this at the Verandah Pl alleyway?

HFY_HFY t1_iuokz78 wrote

Such a recognizable street. I think it's the curbs and carriage style houses.

seejordan3 t1_iup53q7 wrote

They're TEENY. Wouldn't want to live in them. An now they're over $4k/month rent.

HFY_HFY t1_iupo2vi wrote

They are adorable AF. And I didn't realize any were for rent. Right next to two of the best restaurants in cobble hill and a chill park

Donny_Crane t1_iurengo wrote

Are you thinking of Warren Place Mews? The street in the picture is full size townhouses.

seejordan3 t1_iurgmy4 wrote

No, these are carriage houses, not full sized townhouses. We live in the area, and peer into them all the time. They're like, ONE room deep. That's it. A similar carriage house on our block goes for $4500 rent a month. I bet these are more actually. Google satellite shows how narrow most of those buildings are on that street, this one included. You're right the two or three to the west of this are a bit larger.

Fact-Cyborg t1_iunah5b wrote

I loved seeing people dressed as lanternfly's this year. Topical and funny.

BrooklynParanormal t1_iumy78d wrote

The aroma of the marinated garbage really drives home the statement that in today's world we have become the proletariat, while the Spotted lanternfly has quaffed their way to the bourgeoisie.

Bravo

happybarfday t1_iuowxdq wrote

Last night one of these fuckers dropped down from god knows where and landed on my neck while I was waiting for my food at a Chinese restaurant and scared the shit out of me. I swatted it off and killed it and I'm not going back there...

emubreath t1_iunrgkj wrote

Haha I walked by this a couple of weeks ago!

rattapojken t1_iup5jiq wrote

one of those has actually taken me by surprise and made me scream because it fell on my head, but not because i was scared, but i thought a bird pooped on my head so they are indeed a horror creature to me, good decoration

SaitoPrecise7 t1_iutyc54 wrote

My ex and I used to sit on that bench after smoking a j. God, I miss her. I’m such a dumbass.

TonkaButt t1_iuqqk59 wrote

Oh that would have been a sick costume

Myske1 t1_iumgz9i wrote

Like most such decorations, these will be in a landfill for a few centuries. Gotta love our disposable culture.

−38

Alucard-VS-Artorias t1_iumlpwz wrote

Ya know like most people with home decorations they could just save these for next year and the year after that and so on for a long time. Just saying not everyone throws things away so quickly or sometimes at all and we don't know who these people are in general.

williamhungAMA t1_iuoivc6 wrote

This is clearly homemade, already infinitely less wasteful because it didn’t come wrapped in plastic.

SafeAdvantage2 t1_iuoz25l wrote

Not sure why you’re being downvoted. This is the realest take

−1