Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

astrashe2 t1_j1n0mt6 wrote

I'm not completely certain that I remember the story correctly. But the city had told employees that they had to get vaccinated in order to keep their jobs. A lot of people, including many police officers, paid this guy's wife for cards that said they had been vaccinated when they hadn't.

I don't have any knowledge that this is what happened, but at the time, I thought that it seemed possible or likely that he, as a member of the NYPD, was bringing in the customers, and she, as a health care professional, was generating the cards.

jVCrm68 t1_j1nlhaf wrote

Didn’t she have access to the COVID vaccine database and actually entered the fake info into the system?

StrngBrew t1_j1nw8hx wrote

She owns a healthcare facility

> Julie De Vuono, owner of Wild Child Pediatric Healthcare in Amityville, was charged with forgery and offering a false instrument for filing, a felony. after she allegedly used her Long Island medical center to make $1.5 million by selling fake vaccine cards.

ccai t1_j1o6ogv wrote

Thorough investigations also need to be done on the individuals who got vaccinated there. I'm willing to bet good money plenty of his buddies on the NYPD and nearby forces went there for fake cards. Fire and charge any of the officers that won't get a "booster" (probably first actual dose for many) from a highly monitored facility. They are just as complicit in the fraud and anyone of them who actually got the vaccines shouldn't have any issue with it.

InterscholasticPea t1_j1q0zbs wrote

How do you prove that the individual knows? It’s a legitimate healthercare facility, not some Joe’s Deli. Anyone who got a fake card could just claimed they got jabbed there.

ccai t1_j1q2999 wrote

Anyone who genuinely thought they got the vaccine will likely want to be replaced the shot they weren't given. Boosters are a thing and according to actual science do work.

Anyone, especially any LEOs who faked it and is unwilling to get the shot again is likely a complicit piece of crap who committed fraud who should be fired and prosecuted. You can't 100% prove they didn't get it at the time of receiving the card, but if they aren't willing to get the vaccine again on record is pretty much guaranteed to have faked it in the first place and need to be purged out.

thatgirlinny t1_j1ob061 wrote

That’s exactly the story, and he as one of the public service employees who probably had a fake vaccine card, got to keep his job.