Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

newestindustry t1_j6a8iij wrote

Deport all New York Post readers

−25

nycdataviz t1_j6awidp wrote

Not sure if you’re unaware but NYP is one of the few remaining large newspapers that provide local NYC news.

newestindustry t1_j6axrtp wrote

Yeah it’s a tabloid by idiots for idiots

nycdataviz t1_j6ay84e wrote

It has about half of the circulation of the NYT, while covering literally just one city. It’s far more than a tabloid, and it’s one of the leading ways that residents get informed about what’s going on in the city now that NYT ceased local coverage.

iv2892 t1_j6blp6c wrote

The problem with the post is that they make too many inflammatory headlines and they seem to enjoy posting about all the negatives

nycdataviz t1_j6btus5 wrote

What’s wrong with that, though? You don’t think NYT does that exact same thing, but with far left sensibilities in their place?

−2

iv2892 t1_j6bzskc wrote

They do it , and many left wing media like msnbc and cnn . But the NY post goes overboard with the fear mongering

Junk-trash t1_j6e37jh wrote

Not even close to the same level

nycdataviz t1_j6e77du wrote

News is news. We’re all adults. If it’s factually true then it’s fit to print.

Or do you want to regulate the newspapers?

Junk-trash t1_j6e8hu6 wrote

NY post doesnt have the same level of factual standards thats why people say its a tabloid

nycdataviz t1_j6eig9x wrote

So do you want to regulate “the truth” to prevent people from reading NYP?

Junk-trash t1_j6er4f4 wrote

Nah read whatever you want

People can get their news from 4chan if they want to, Im just saying its a bad choice

newestindustry t1_j6ayfaw wrote

What makes you say the New York Times has no local coverage, other than the fact that other stupid people on this subreddit say that?

And the New York Post only covers NY? Go look at todays cover. You have no idea what you’re talking about.

nycdataviz t1_j6azt32 wrote

Every newspaper in the country is covering Memphis this week. That doesn’t mean they aren’t local newspapers anymore.

NYT is strategically phasing out its local section and has dramatically reduced coverage in the last 5 years, to a more than 50% reduction. I’m surprised you don’t know about that? Were you unaware?

newestindustry t1_j6b10gv wrote

>It has about half of the circulation of the NYT, while covering literally just one city

You even said "literally".

>NYT is strategically phasing out its local section and has dramatically reduced coverage in the last 5 years, to a more than 50% reduction.

Source? Especially for the 50% number

−1

nycdataviz t1_j6b1t0i wrote

You’d think such a big fan of the NYT as yourself would’ve realized their metro section has been dramatically downsized 🥴

It happened in 2017, and they literally announced it.

You awake bud? Do you want me to fill you in about COVID and Cuomo too?

newestindustry t1_j6b2mrg wrote

Post a source, especially for the 50% number that you cited. Unless you made it up!

nycdataviz t1_j6b35ii wrote

You can't find out yourself how many dedicated metro reporters work at NYT today vs 2016?

Should be easy enough for an NYT-informed dude like you. After all I'm just a NYP-reading moron.

newestindustry t1_j6b4iok wrote

Do you have a source or not?

nycdataviz t1_j6b9usv wrote

'The New York Times Turns Its Sights Away From New York City' Paul Moses'

'A ‘New York’ Paper Takes a Look in the Mirror' Liz Spayd

newestindustry t1_j6bbdvw wrote

Neither of those support a 50% reduction in coverage since 2016. Enjoy the Post!

nycdataviz t1_j6bblbs wrote

You didn't read closely enough it seems. I said the section faced an overall 50% reduction, as of 2016. The fact that you weren't aware of the change in strategy makes me wonder if you're a NYP reader yourself. How could you not have noticed the reduction of the local section?

newestindustry t1_j6bckh3 wrote

You said today vs 2016, not 2016 vs before 2016. Half truths and outright lies, no wonder you worship the Post. Let’s not keep this conversation going. Enjoy your shit tabloid.

Junk-trash t1_j6e3ng7 wrote

Fox news has a lot of viewership, doesnt make them not idiots lol

nycdataviz t1_j6e73co wrote

Your voting eligibility and participation in democracy has nothing to do with whether Junk-trash on Reddit thinks you’re an idiot, fortunately.

−1

Junk-trash t1_j6e897o wrote

Absolutely! I would never take away the idiots’ voting rights even if I could. 🇺🇸