Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Miamime t1_jecvv8p wrote

People I work with absolutely still don’t believe the water is safe. I’d assume there’s still lots of demand for this.

sandwichpepe t1_jeczzvf wrote

i also learned that some people never ever drink tap water … like if they’re thirsty they just crack open a water bottle. my family only used water bottles if we were out for an event for something, otherwise we stuck a cup under the sink and drank that shit lol

_jeremybearimy_ t1_jeepw3i wrote

We asked a coworker if he was aware of the news (as he kinda lives under a rock). He said he doesn’t drink tap water because it tastes bad. Have people never heard of water filters? I just don’t get it lol. It tastes better out of my Brita then out of most plastic water brands

Hoyarugby t1_jef18du wrote

I had a friend growing up whose family did that and it was always insane to me. So much trash produced...

Meanwhile I got too lazy to even wait for brita filters to work so I just drink straight from the tap almost exclusively

carolineecouture t1_jeed1zd wrote

We would get calls from out-of-town parents asking if the water was safe to drink. We told them Philly had good tap water and they could find the reports online if they wanted to check.