Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

2020-loss t1_it4bxr3 wrote

Agreed. It's a damn shame that even more pit bulls are going to end up at the pound and never adopted and get euthanized

Squadooch t1_it4qdw1 wrote

Hopefully some last-chance rescues or sanctuaries can help out.

Hufnagel t1_it4vcf6 wrote

Unfortunately, as fight dogs, it's going to be really hard to home them and it's ultimately probably a better use of limited shelter resources to put them down and use the saved funds to help other dogs.

Boxercrew4 t1_it653uo wrote

47 of the Vick dogs were sent to sanctuaries. Some were able to be adopted and some lived out their lives in the sanctuaries. Only one had to be euthanized.

Squadooch t1_it7tm9y wrote

Exactly šŸ–¤

Boxercrew4 t1_it876xt wrote

I've been fostering for a Boxer rescue org here in NE states for decades. Boxers sometimes get mistaken for Pits by people that can't tell the difference. We have also gotten in some mixes which we try to place. Used to volunteer at PSPCA and ACCT and met many wonderful Pit bulls. Shame they get such a bad rap, when it almost always is due to crappy owners.

Squadooch t1_it5xula wrote

I said last-chance rescues or sanctuaries. There are sanctuaries where fight dogs get to live their lives as dogs should, with love and care- even if they arenā€™t safe as domestic pets.

Hefty_Ant1025 t1_it5juq0 wrote

Meh, they are just pits. No loss there.

−17

cashonlyplz t1_it6stai wrote

The fuck is wrong with you? Why do so many people on this subreddit believe all the gross and debunked misconceptions about pits? They're absolutely wonderful dogs.

phillybreezus t1_it85nm7 wrote

Do tell about these debunked misconceptionsā€¦

How many times have you typed nanny dog in the past month?

cashonlyplz t1_it8tgp0 wrote

Zero? I have no kids nor dogs, so that would be an odd thing to search

I have a friend who helps with a pitbull charity, in my hometown. The shelters get filled with them because the humans who want them aren't prepared for the responsibility.

Pits are domesticated dogs, not feral animals. Can't say the same for some human pet owners, unfortunately.

Here.

−1

phillybreezus t1_it8ywxx wrote

People arenā€™t falling for the pit propaganda anymore. That link is complete nonsense and relies on massaging stats/data and clever wording to make a point.

Hereā€™s a thought exercise. You could choose to leave a loved one alone in a room for 24 hours or in a room with a random pitbull for 24 hours or a random black lab.

Every person in the world except pit propagandist will choose alone or black lab.

cashonlyplz t1_it916tj wrote

Pit propagandist is an odd phrase you just invented. If you google "are pits good with kids" you only find one opinion article by a pediatrician advising caution. Maybe you're the one believing in anti-pit propaganda?

Anyway, you're being really weird, and I don't care that much to tango with you and said weirdness, ever again. G'bye dog truther. LMAO

Hefty_Ant1025 t1_it71efp wrote

I don't leave loaded guns laying around my house. Why would I have a Pitbull?

cashonlyplz t1_it72oj1 wrote

Train your guns, lock up your dogs. /s

Pits are great. You're unflinchingly believing media stereotypes.

WHO_POOPS_THE_BED t1_it9feyb wrote

It's a Venn diagram of fallacious beliefs mostly. goo guy wit gun, "dangerous breeds", Krasner bad. The shit all rolls downhill into a big shit stew and then they scoop it into their skulls only to let it dribble out their mouths.