nnp1989 t1_it3zoav wrote

About damn time. Keep it going.

BenFranklinBuiltUs t1_it6yqj3 wrote

Now lets talk next steps.

1. charge them with the crimes
  2. put them on trial
  3. find them guilty
  4. put them in jail for a long time.
  5. Continue doing this to regain control of society.
  6. profit???

royisabau5 t1_it7erlh wrote

Or…

1. Make a big announcement
  2. Make people and politicians think something is changing
  3. Go back to doing absolutely nothing
  4. Politicians use “crime in Philly” as a way to get votes

SonnyBlackandRed t1_it780f3 wrote

>put them in jail for a long time.

Good luck with that one. I think we all know how that ends. Which ADA screws up this time.

Desjardins99 t1_it3zpiy wrote

40 ATVs in a couple block radius 😳

This might be the most effective way to get the bikes off the streets. Even if the suspect isn't at the address when the warrant is executed still confiscate the bikes since who ever is there probably won't have paperwork

FDE3030 t1_it40wbm wrote

While you may be right in this case “just take and ask questions later” is not how the government should be treating its citizens.

justanawkwardguy t1_it42z6v wrote

You're absolutely not wrong, yet the situation in this city is so bad that this is a good thing. Some of those bikes might be legally owned, and if so they can get them back. However, the majority are most likely illegally owned and should not be on the streets

kilometr t1_it4ewh6 wrote

I thought that possessing an atv in the city is illegal, even if it’s registered.

aguafiestas t1_it4kwzj wrote

You can’t ride them on streets, but I don’t think it’s illegal to just have one.

MEB_PHL t1_it4qx3j wrote

You’d have to have it on private property and trailer it to your destination so not really seizable anyway. If an ATV is in a public alley or street parked, it is “on the streets” for all intents and purposes, they should take it and return with citations after proof of ownership is provided.

mistersausage t1_it4msfz wrote

They prob can seize them as evidence at the crime scene and make the person who owns it come claim it, but if it's the weapons people who own it, they'll be going away for a long time.

erdtirdmans t1_it5vyj5 wrote

If it is, it shouldn't be. I hate the ATV kids but someone could store it in their house/garage in Philly for transport and use on vacations/weekend fun

It's about the only thing you can fit in a Port Richmond garage anyway

rushrhees t1_it48ypx wrote

Fuck these people take those atv and scrap them. If no registration and that is fair game to impound

EnemyOfEloquence t1_it4op0e wrote

Do dirt bikes have registrations? It's like a bicycle if it's not for street use. You have no way of knowing someone doesn't just take it to a track. Stealing people's shit isn't the way to do this.

−26

a-german-muffin t1_it54zyg wrote

They do, surprisingly, although not through PennDOT. The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources handles them — either for an off-road reg or a private property only reg.

puckpanix t1_it55zs5 wrote

If they have a VIN, which almost any motorcycle does, that’s connected to the title whether the owner has ever insured and registered it for street use or not. So they have registrations and tags only if the owner has gotten them.

a-german-muffin t1_it5iqea wrote

You can only get tags for street-legal bikes (the wheelie crews are rarely on those) and definitely not ATVs.

Fragrant_Joke_7115 t1_it4pbgr wrote

Jeez. smfh. Boo hoo. If many were lacking proof of ownership and probably anything to make them street legal, the police can take their time to sort it out.

porkchameleon t1_it4e2ol wrote

> is not how the government should be treating its citizens.

They forgot to ask you.

−1

throwawaythedo t1_it6ka2e wrote

If the cops took my legal ATV (I don’t have one), in an effort to remove illegal ATVs from the streets, I’d be ok with that - especially if I was going to get my ATV back. Shit, I’d even be ok with being collateral damage.

−4

dandykaufman2 t1_it4ga7s wrote

wow, so those guys are into other criminality?

Sir-Jawn t1_it4t5bt wrote

I thought they were innocent youth that didn’t have anything else to do so resort to driving like assholes as a healthy outlet 🤔

toss_it_out_tomorrow t1_it4xy5k wrote

I, too, am very surprised to know that their interests did not stop at driving people off sidewalks and ripping people out of their cars for so much as a dirty look in their direction. Dog fights? Cock fights? Weapons? Say it ain't so.

/s

dandykaufman2 t1_it4zw3n wrote

the wheelie kids are stick-up kids??

cashonlyplz t1_it6sv3w wrote

No, the wheelie kids ride bicycles not ATVs

((I'm not wrong, downvoters. The ATV rings skew more than a bit older people. The wheelie kids, BMXers, are not them. Stop getting it twisted. This is like calling e-scooter users skateboarders. Folks just can't make a distinction because they see any sort of unusual road traffic and their brain implodes.))

dandykaufman2 t1_it71rsl wrote

Right sorry. I would never insult cyclists even though it’s not my style of riding. These other guys do wheelies too.

AbsentEmpire t1_it4a7a0 wrote

Finally some good news about our dysfunctional city. I'm sure all those people on the block saying the bikes were legally owned when the cops impounded them will get that paper work to prove it any minute now.

Not shocking to hear that drug dealers who are responsible for huge amount of the gun violence in this city, where also running dog fighting rings, and ATV gangs.

Wonder if the PPD decided to get off their ass and go do their damn job in response to the news from the city auditor finding they suck at their jobs? Wouldn't be shocked if this is all they do for the next several months to crack down on the out of control crime; and they hold it up as the one example of them working when they get called out for sucking ass.

bizkut t1_it4vjua wrote

I'm going to guess it's more likely because an atv rider smashed a cop window the other day.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was related to that. They'll work if they're at risk.

K3R3G3 t1_it6d1zt wrote

At least how the article is written, and they definitely get stuff wrong so who knows, it sounds like the off-road vehicles were an unplanned bonus. It was the Narcotics division serving warrants.

If the windshield smash had occurred and they saw where the riders returned to then went to seize them as payback, I'd get it and say yeah.

But a windshield smash probably didn't lead to suddenly cooking up narcotics warrants. I don't see any connection there.

Unless they ID'd the vehicles, somebody spotted where they were stored, then they staked out the place, saw some drug deals occurring, then got the warrants, which is possible.

Sir-Jawn t1_it51ie8 wrote

It’s refreshing to see people support cops raiding criminals. 2 years ago this would have been considered oppressive or even racist. Glad to see normality might been closer around the corner than I thought.

−15

a-german-muffin t1_it55915 wrote

I know it’s harvest season, dude, but there ain’t enough straw in the world for the army you’re trying to build.

Sir-Jawn t1_it5uf0t wrote

Just glad to see people support these types of raids. I’ll be a martyr and take the downvotes, I know it’s hard for people to accept.

−3

bizkut t1_it55j85 wrote

This was very much a "Cops are only protecting their own" post.

This sub has been very "Pro stop the ATV/dirt-bike shit" for years. You're delusional if you think otherwise. Cops only seem to do something if it's their skin in the game. Oink oink.

Sir-Jawn t1_it5ukh1 wrote

If that’s the case I’m glad to see our interests are aligned. Shower me with downvotes, I’ll be the martyr for people’s reluctance to accept it.

Mister_Park t1_it6usgv wrote

FYI losing internet points with no value is not “being a martyr.” Words have meaning.

throwawaythedo t1_it6jzmq wrote

I don’t think the downvotes are coming from your opinion, but rather the “I told you so” dunking you’re attempting.

electricskywalker t1_it5hyzt wrote

I don't think anybody was sticking up for the drug dealers in Kensington. Shit, not even the drug dealers in Kensington stick up for the drug dealers in Kensington.

Unfamiliar_Word t1_it4djxs wrote

>Wonder if the PPD got off their ass to go do their damn job in response to the news from the city auditor finding they suck at their jobs? Wouldn't be shocked if this all they do and they hold up as the one example of them working when they called out for sucking ass.

I'd like to think that, because it would mean that we have an at least partially functional political system, which almost seems aspirational in Philadelphia.

a-german-muffin t1_it4dfrn wrote

It may be the cynical reporter in me, but this could easily read a bit like a "dope on the table" move—not that a bust like this isn't necessarily important or worthy in its own right, but it's at least in part a move by the brass to have something with a strong visual to demonstrate a win.

Philodemus1984 t1_it4f27i wrote

At this point I’ll take even the post perfunctory attempt by police to do their job

crispydukes t1_it6yfmw wrote

>Not shocking to hear that drug dealers who are responsible for huge amount of the gun violence in this city, where also running dog fighting rings, and ATV gangs.

We knew it when that video went viral of the ATV guy pulling the gun at Broad and Washington

MUT_is_Butt t1_it8ny5g wrote

Hey to be fair that was only like a year ago. Investigations take time /s

SonnyBlackandRed t1_it78tof wrote

>Wonder if the PPD decided to get off their ass and go do their damn job in response to the news from the city auditor finding they suck at their jobs? Wouldn't be shocked if this is all they do for the next several months to crack down on the out of control crime; and they hold it up as the one example of them working when they get called out for sucking ass.

I think it takes a little more time then a few days, since that report has been out, to come up with this type of search and seizure. However, I think we'll take anything they do as a win since they haven't been doing much. That report should've come with an immediate resignation from Outlaw.

RustedRelics t1_it4rjyj wrote

This is the only way to attack the ATV problem. Just keep taking and crushing their toys until they go broke replacing them. Consider it the fee for abusing public roads/spaces and causing a public nuisance. If they want to play they gotta pay.

phillybreezus t1_it8ze5l wrote

Like they buy them lol.

I agree though. Take them, give legal owner a chance to claim, then sell to someone at least 1000 miles away or crush it.

THExDANKxKNIGHT t1_it5b5jg wrote

Great way to violate someones 4th amendment rights.

−150

fuc_boi t1_it5el7d wrote

pretty much none of them own the bikes legally. and if they do they can go claim them, like it says in the article.

Edison_Ruggles t1_it4pdyu wrote

Good. Glad to see the cops doing something useful. Jesus... fighting dogs? The level of trash culture knows no bottom.

HyruleJedi t1_it79vl0 wrote

Dog and rooster fighting is way more common than you think in Philly

Legitimate_Onion_653 t1_it7g4zm wrote

When I went to Temple, we used to walk up north of campus to meet my friends cousin, who would buy beer for us. We could hear what seemed like dozens of dogs barking from the neighbors backyard/basement. Always thought it was bizarre but never knew it was a dogfighting operation until we heard that it was busted by the cops. In hindsight, it should have been obvious. They had like over 20 dogs kenneled there.

Accomplished_Crab392 t1_it73rep wrote

Maybe I’m just naive but I’m always shocked to hear about dog fighting. Just seems so archaic, who could possibly get joy out of that? I would be beside myself.

jicket t1_it7670r wrote

Same. And roosters too? Barbaric.

SonnyBlackandRed t1_it788f0 wrote

You're talking about that have no care for human life, they definitely don't care about a dogs life.

phillybreezus t1_it8zm7f wrote

I went to a cock fight in Puerto Rico. Super entertaining. Wild experience over all. The stadium was insane and the betting system was chaotic but worked perfectly.

[deleted] t1_it48fan wrote

[removed]

beeps-n-boops t1_it4cd05 wrote

Michael Vick has entered the chat, cheered and welcomed with open arms

Fragrant_Joke_7115 t1_it4oqp6 wrote

After serving a prison term, lost millions, and seemed genuinely contrite.

igotmoneynow t1_it54a1k wrote

last part is the biggest one for me. dude genuinely seems to feel remorse and wants to right his wrongs. could it all be a PR act? sure, but i'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt. can't expect rehabilitation if you just write them off.

throwawaythedo t1_it6jn1l wrote

My kids went to the same school as his. Watching him interact with his child and other children in a peaceful environment gave me insight to his humanity. He was also very generous to the school (not all celebrities were;some even were jerks about it), and like I said, the kids and their parents ate it up when he would have football catches with the kids. He could have simply laid low, and not be a presence at the school - bc there were parents who weren’t happy that his child was accepted - but he chose to be part of the community, and I respected his ability to be humble, and blend in with the families.

2020-loss t1_it4bxr3 wrote

Agreed. It's a damn shame that even more pit bulls are going to end up at the pound and never adopted and get euthanized

Squadooch t1_it4qdw1 wrote

Hopefully some last-chance rescues or sanctuaries can help out.

Hufnagel t1_it4vcf6 wrote

Unfortunately, as fight dogs, it's going to be really hard to home them and it's ultimately probably a better use of limited shelter resources to put them down and use the saved funds to help other dogs.

Boxercrew4 t1_it653uo wrote

47 of the Vick dogs were sent to sanctuaries. Some were able to be adopted and some lived out their lives in the sanctuaries. Only one had to be euthanized.

Squadooch t1_it7tm9y wrote

Exactly 🖤

Boxercrew4 t1_it876xt wrote

I've been fostering for a Boxer rescue org here in NE states for decades. Boxers sometimes get mistaken for Pits by people that can't tell the difference. We have also gotten in some mixes which we try to place. Used to volunteer at PSPCA and ACCT and met many wonderful Pit bulls. Shame they get such a bad rap, when it almost always is due to crappy owners.

Squadooch t1_it5xula wrote

I said last-chance rescues or sanctuaries. There are sanctuaries where fight dogs get to live their lives as dogs should, with love and care- even if they aren’t safe as domestic pets.

Hefty_Ant1025 t1_it5juq0 wrote

Meh, they are just pits. No loss there.

−17

cashonlyplz t1_it6stai wrote

The fuck is wrong with you? Why do so many people on this subreddit believe all the gross and debunked misconceptions about pits? They're absolutely wonderful dogs.

phillybreezus t1_it85nm7 wrote

Do tell about these debunked misconceptions…

How many times have you typed nanny dog in the past month?

cashonlyplz t1_it8tgp0 wrote

Zero? I have no kids nor dogs, so that would be an odd thing to search

I have a friend who helps with a pitbull charity, in my hometown. The shelters get filled with them because the humans who want them aren't prepared for the responsibility.

Pits are domesticated dogs, not feral animals. Can't say the same for some human pet owners, unfortunately.

Here.

−1

phillybreezus t1_it8ywxx wrote

People aren’t falling for the pit propaganda anymore. That link is complete nonsense and relies on massaging stats/data and clever wording to make a point.

Here’s a thought exercise. You could choose to leave a loved one alone in a room for 24 hours or in a room with a random pitbull for 24 hours or a random black lab.

Every person in the world except pit propagandist will choose alone or black lab.

cashonlyplz t1_it916tj wrote

Pit propagandist is an odd phrase you just invented. If you google "are pits good with kids" you only find one opinion article by a pediatrician advising caution. Maybe you're the one believing in anti-pit propaganda?

Anyway, you're being really weird, and I don't care that much to tango with you and said weirdness, ever again. G'bye dog truther. LMAO

Hefty_Ant1025 t1_it71efp wrote

I don't leave loaded guns laying around my house. Why would I have a Pitbull?

cashonlyplz t1_it72oj1 wrote

Train your guns, lock up your dogs. /s

Pits are great. You're unflinchingly believing media stereotypes.

WHO_POOPS_THE_BED t1_it9feyb wrote

It's a Venn diagram of fallacious beliefs mostly. goo guy wit gun, "dangerous breeds", Krasner bad. The shit all rolls downhill into a big shit stew and then they scoop it into their skulls only to let it dribble out their mouths.

philadelphia-ModTeam t1_it4pzow wrote

Rule 6: This comment was removed for advocating, threatening, or promoting actions likely to lead to violence or physical harm.

−33

Fattom23 t1_it40zx6 wrote

I thought the dirt bike boys were upstanding citizens and as innocent as the new-fallen snow?

uptown_gargoyle t1_it43yjm wrote

Have people been saying that in earnest on here?

KFCConspiracy t1_it4bbgl wrote

I haven't seen it lately, but I've seen it once in a while... That it's something to do for bored young men instead of crime.

this_shit t1_it5xptn wrote

I mean... for my neighbor it's just a hobby. IDK what to tell you, not everyone who's into the dirtbike culture is the same?

−5

Fattom23 t1_it45537 wrote

I've seen some people saying that they're ok and we should leave the dirt bike kids alone. Seems like at least some are involved in various other problematic pursuits.

scienceon t1_it49t0o wrote

I think it was wrapped up in general social justice systemoc racism dialog. Meek Mill also came out in support of the atv/dirtbike "movement." And then in some ways he was the embodiment of that conversation with his legal involvement, so they may have been conflated.

Squadooch t1_it4qoco wrote

That’s literally what got Meek locked up. Dirt bike in NYC.

MHM5035 t1_it4j5s8 wrote

No. It’s just the strawman argument they have in their head.

Zaburino t1_it59vdb wrote

There was a documentary in Baltimore a while back about one of those "social clubs" that did a good job portraying that specific situation as a legitimate alternative for kids that would otherwise end up on the corner, but I didn't do any further research and it was years ago in a different city.

ColdJay64 t1_it4bm6i wrote

Other than a few misguided people who say "at least they aren't shooting anyone" that get downvoted to oblivion (as they should), I've never seen someone say this.

PurpleWhiteOut t1_it4hyif wrote

I've heard it IRL. Even though they've been involved in violence on many occasions

MedicSBK t1_it4dy3b wrote

ATVs tied to violent crime in the city of Philadelphia? Say it ain't so.

This is such a massive win for the city.. Well done, PPD.

effdallas t1_it4tlq1 wrote

I hope some of this was filmed, my favorite part:

Some neighbors on the scene pleaded with police to return the bikes and claimed the vehicles were legal, but no one had paperwork or keys.

thecoffeecake1 t1_it5hgyx wrote

Your favorite part is that people had their property seized? I'm sure you'd feel the same way if the cops showed up at your house, towed your car and said you can come claim it if you can prove you own it.

−76

Objective_Fox298 t1_it5zxab wrote

I have the title for my car

thecoffeecake1 t1_it61hbr wrote

What's your point? That the cops can come seize it whenever they want, and it's totally fine because you can go claim it?

−29

JohnMuir_NeilsBohr t1_it762oy wrote

They had a warrant for illegal narcotics & property you jabroni

thecoffeecake1 t1_it7fl13 wrote

Then they should've seized the narcotics and illegal property, not whatever they felt like taking.

What if the cops were serving a warrant for your neighbor and towed your car away in the process because you weren't there to produce a title? Are you telling me you wouldn't be pissed? The police absolutely do not have the right to seize someone's property because it was nearby. The onus is on the police to prove they have the right to confiscate this property, not vice versa. This is legitimately the way police states operate.

People are so up in arms about these stupid dirt bikes that you're willing to allow police to bully entire communities and make up the rules as they go along, so long as they're going after something you don't like. That's bullshit, and I know every hypocrite in these comments would be up in arms if it happened to them.

−3

JohnMuir_NeilsBohr t1_it7qh5a wrote

My car isn’t kept on the same property as illegal narcotics and a dog & cockfighting ring. If it was, and it was involved in constant overrun of city streets and general asshattery, there would be probable cause to impound my car. But alas, Philly is not getting tormented by stolen Volvo station wagons.

Probable cause was given the second they started smashing windows and ripping people out of their cars in the street while riding these ATVs and dirt bikes. Let me know when they all show up with the titles at the impound lot

thecoffeecake1 t1_it7s39i wrote

There is zero proof that anyone who owns/possesses any of these dirt bikes was involved in smashing anything. What if you owned a sports car, would it be ok if the police impounded it because people with similar cars as yours illegally street race? Has no one ever committed a crime in a station wagon? Well, since I'm sure someone has at some point, I guess that gives the police probable cause to impound your vehicle, until you can prove it's yours and that you didn't commit a crime with it.

The onus of producing proof is on the police, not on the citizenry. That's exactly what is supposed to separate us from a police state.

JohnMuir_NeilsBohr t1_it80ptj wrote

Dude. Stop making the comparison to a police state, they had legal warrants and went through all proper channels to serve them. You sound like an idiot. I get what you’re arguing and why, but it makes no sense in a city where shit like this happens on a weekly basis: https://youtu.be/18aRLFxuekI

Context definitely matters in a case like this.

It’s not simply a case of mistaken identity of one dirt bike for another. It’s another example of the general lawlessness in the city. The same reason why three Wawas, one of them only two blocks from fucking city hall, have to close because they can’t even feel confident enough that the crew in there will be safe overnight.

Like I said, let them all produce the titles. Then I’ll eat my words and feel bad that their property was impounded.

thecoffeecake1 t1_it8rcem wrote

That's the thing though, context doesn't really matter. What matters is the law, right? What matters is the rights people have, and those rights need to be universally respected, not respected conditionally based on class, race, or profiles.

I get that the dirt bike/atv thing annoys people. I live a block off Spring Garden, it's one of their favorite stretches to tear up. But that doesn't mean the cops get to go around and find any excuse to seize property that very well could be legally owned. The police need to prove that something is illegal, NOT the other way around.

The problem here is that people are demanding certain rights be violated because something bothers them. We need to "crack down" on the dirt bikes and seize them all because I don't like when they ride around my neighborhood. That's just not acceptable. If this happened in a different neighborhood for a different reason (again, what if the cops came through a block in Rittenhouse and towed all the sports cars away), people would be absolutely irate.

People's rights need to be respected 100% of the time, even if it's inconvenient. Isn't that a part of our whole national ethos all those patriots are carrying on about all the time? It's those same people out now demanding the police circumvent local, state and national law to put a stop to a minor nuisance.

They were serving a narcotics warrant, no? Do you think each of these individual bikes were covered under that warrant also? Obviously not, since the police told neighbors to bring their papers and recover their property. That's an admission that they have no idea what bikes are legally owned with papers, and which ones aren't. They took those bikes as a PR stunt to score some points with the public that have been rightfully critical, and you all ate it out of their hands.

HyruleJedi t1_it7aad9 wrote

Article seems to say to me that had they had keys and do documentation they would not have been seized, but provided they find the keys and paperwork, they can get them back. The fact that no one could prove ownership seems kosher to you?

thecoffeecake1 t1_it7em2k wrote

No one immediately present that was directly in front of the cops had documents. They seized 40 of them. What gives the cops the right to seize any property they want on the off chance it's illegal? If this story was about guns, white people and Nevada, people would be losing their fucking minds.

effdallas t1_it6hgnq wrote

difference is, I legally own my car and could produce paperwork to prove it, but I don't suppose that minor subtlety caught your attention bc you're too busy sticking it to the man, you go girl

HyruleJedi t1_it7a27h wrote

If the cops showed up to seize your car, you are telling me you could not rather quickly produce a license, keys and proof of insurance?

Give me a fucking break dude

XSC t1_it4n3rl wrote

There was someone on the other thread talking about we just hated fun by being against this….some people are so ignorant thinking that these people are just every day joes just having fun. A good portion are likely criminals.

User_Name13 t1_it4u8cb wrote

FTA:

>In addition to the ATVs and dirt bikes, investigators also found roosters and fighting dogs.

Otherwise known as the Kensington hat trick.

dotcom-jillionaire t1_it4d8mq wrote

this was the result of a drug raid FYI. you can't just go into someone's garage and jack their ATV

KenzoWap t1_it48y7r wrote

Fucking finally.

jimsinspace t1_it4w8zp wrote

I feel like this sort of thing happens anytime the police feel a little heat from city hall or some other legitimate investigation. Can’t we just have this consistent all the time, you worthless fucks?

AgentDaxis t1_it4y0a3 wrote

Wow. The cops actually did their fucking job for a change.

slowclap

CauliflowerFront3706 t1_it5npzs wrote

Any involvement in dog fighting should just be a felony. Rot in jail. Michael Vick sucks

NerdyRedneck45 t1_it7fzci wrote

I’ll never understand how you can get more jail time for weed than animal abuse

sluman001 t1_it5bwqp wrote

There should be a couple of these every week

A-step t1_it5ykge wrote

Am I the only that remembers sometime in the late 90s to early aughts dirt bikes were becoming an issue in the city so since it is illegal to drive (or park) a dirt bike on a Philadelphia street the police started an initiative where they drove around impounding any bike parked anywhere on a Philadelphia street? It must have worked for at least for a brief time because it was over a decade before all this new nonsense started. They got 40 bikes today alone so imagine the dent we could put in this problem if they started impounding any bike parked anywhere in Philadelphia.

galletadeacido t1_it5l8h5 wrote

All it took was some embarrassment about the police not doing their jobs in an audit and one of those ATV guys smashing up a police car.

karensPA t1_it5l0mf wrote

I don’t get overly worked up about the ATVs but people who fight dogs should burn in hell

vichina t1_it6tozz wrote

Lol I love that it was initially a drug bust, but the headlines and all our comments focus on getting those damn ATVs off the streets.

J_Blaze302 t1_it6bwpg wrote

So I know we can assume that Kensington = drugs but seriously Action News says “major drug bust “ but no mention of drugs at all in the article…

sarzarbarzar t1_it7vokl wrote

PSPCA posted about this yesterday. 5 dogs, 3 puppies, a bearded dragon, and over 100 chickens are roosters. The day before they got 100+ cats.

I know there are so many things to donate to, but if you can donate or adopt, please keep them in mind!

HyruleJedi t1_it79on1 wrote

> Some neighbors on the scene pleaded with police to return the bikes and claimed the vehicles were legal, but no one had paperwork or keys

Well, they were probably legally owned… by someone else.

PhillyHatesNewYork t1_it6pvsu wrote

these are the same people we want to spend tax dollars on to build a “skate park” where they can freely do their stunts ?

Slimskinny89 t1_it89svs wrote

Now arrest every dope dealer selling openly under the el , and actually charge ,hold and penalize the violent crime offenders (which have been getting out with a slap on the wrist and become repeat offenders)

KouLeifoh625 t1_it8wg9j wrote

Wow it’s almost like there’s a plethora of obvious crime happening in Philadelphia, who would’ve thought?

iameatingoatmeal t1_it5hlak wrote

Funny I didn't see a single dirt bike in that video. ATVs, mopeds, and a sport bike. Missed the dirt bikes.

avo_cado t1_it6vq5n wrote

Do any of these motorcycles get put up for auction?

MacKelvey t1_it9wst8 wrote

If they’re illegal they get destroyed.

Legitimate_Onion_653 t1_it7h4x0 wrote

If you check out this block on google earth, there are a ton of motorcycles (the street legal kind). I wonder if those belong to the folks who the article references as having plead with police not to take them

piper4hire t1_it7r9fa wrote

personally I'm just overwhelmed by the spirit of optimism I can feel swelling throughout reddit. yes, yes, you're all right, we have turned the corner and brighter future is on the horizon!

MUT_is_Butt t1_it8nl17 wrote

Whoa PPD knows how to do raids. Wouldn't have known that from the last few years of inaction...

sleepingsnow99 t1_it5srnc wrote

Yes now i can fucking sleep without 20 atvs driving by. And fuck them for keeping those dogs around but now those dogs are going to shelter and neglected.

settledownguy t1_it72i6k wrote

No way not another large group of white people breaking the law!

−3

Pattern_Is_Movement t1_it5z993 wrote

ahh the classic, seize it first then figure out which are legal after. I don't care what side you're on, but that is fucked.

−10