Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

degreelesspotatohead t1_iz6mhr2 wrote

Here is an article with commentary from the bar's owner. He enjoyed having them, and his regular clientele were avoiding downtown because of the disruption of the game. Calm down.

irishgambin0 OP t1_iz6td43 wrote

in the photo in the 2nd tweet you can see one of the bartenders wearing a purple shirt that says "YAY SPORTS" 😂😂😂

Skylineviewz t1_iz6rpf5 wrote

Somebody needs to tell him he should be offended or something

nerfrosa t1_iz7jy6r wrote

I imagine that if this was a recurrence, it would have gotten pretty annoying, but since it was a one time thing, the patrons and employees probably found it pretty funny, not to mention the fact that it was probably hella profitable.

[deleted] t1_iz6nn3h wrote

[deleted]

−5

degreelesspotatohead t1_iz6veg8 wrote

The game. The Superbowl is a huge event that will have a major effect on things like traffic, parking, etc. Not to mention the tens of thousands of people coming to town. I'm sure lots of venues--not just queer spaces--had very few of their regular customers that night.

You're really, really reaching to find a reason to be offended.

[deleted] t1_iz6wlsq wrote

[deleted]

−17

degreelesspotatohead t1_iz6x7k6 wrote

How's that? You're telling us that visitors to a bar you've probably never been to in a town you've probably never been should have been excluded because of their sexual orientation. The bar's owner welcomed them, and everyone was happy. If they had been asked to go elsewhere because they made people uncomfortable, that would be one thing. But that didn't happen. To the extent there's fragility showing, I think it's yours.