Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ExpensivLow t1_j0jl45v wrote

Septa bus? I used to take the bus from market to king of Prussia every day for work Was at least 1h20m and it wasn’t even the last stop.

gaiaom t1_j0jlntt wrote

Going to work at Nashaminy Mall from West Philly is even longer. Almost 2.5 hours one way and that was on a good day.

Your_next_employee t1_j0josw2 wrote

Could make for a great followup video.

https://youtu.be/4KcNj7_V9OE

apathetic_panda t1_j0kqpkm wrote

No stops or transfers? Or did you 🤔 include them?

gaiaom t1_j0m6vf0 wrote

Obvs included transfers and periodically late buses.

apathetic_panda t1_j0mf40u wrote

Tactful. I'd spring for frequently. But Traffic volume is soooo very unpredictable 😂🐣😈

phillybeardo t1_j0kag90 wrote

The 104 is a nice long ride from 69th St to West Chester. The ride itself is about an hour (depending on traffic). Bonus tho? You get dropped off in the center of WC, so you can find a coffee shop or bakery or some fancy shit to kill time before going back to the city!

defmain t1_j0pr5ln wrote

If it weren't for one or two stops near the 476 ramp, it could bypass 20 minutes of traffic in the morning.

ratmoustache t1_j0jlvph wrote

upvoted for visibility, and commenting bc i’m curious to know the answer.

can i inquire as to why you’re asking?

sandwichpepe OP t1_j0k1slp wrote

sort of just need to get away, maybe just grab a cup of coffee and sit looking out the window for a long while

somekindfungus t1_j0kscr3 wrote

maybe take a bus to AC and just kinda watch the cold ocean for a bit. hope you’re doin okay homie

nayls142 t1_j0mltav wrote

Train to AC. More nostalgia than the bus.

market t1_j0ni38d wrote

I ♥️ this and do it often. Extra large cup of Joe at Dunkin at 30th Street and I'm on my way. Walk the boards, have lunch, come home. I'm old AF though.

menunu t1_j0l3tan wrote

I hope you find what you need and have a good day today.

rovinchick t1_j0tmmra wrote

The potential lack of access to a bathroom for over an hour on a bus while drinking coffee gives me anxiety. LOL I often think about SEPTA drivers and conductors that don't get regular access to bathrooms and how much that must suck if your tummy isn't feeling great one day.

higmy6 t1_j0jwrbo wrote

Sometimes we just need a long bus ride to clear our thoughts

UnknownEerieHouse t1_j0kit7c wrote

The ride to West Chester from 69th street is rather long.

hellorhighwaterice t1_j0jnbhv wrote

By schedule it's probably the version of the 1 that goes from 54th and City Ave to Parx. It's scheduled for about 1:30ish.

bierdimpfe t1_j0jot5k wrote

I can't say that I know but the 23 is probably on the short list; Center City to Chestnut Hill the long way.

stephiladelphia t1_j0l3x2i wrote

It used to go to Deep South Philly as well until they split it into the 23 and the 45. Crazy long

filladellfea t1_j0nxri9 wrote

was one of the longest city bus routes in the country before they halved it.

apathetic_panda t1_j0kriff wrote

I'm pretty sure the full 55 route might fit into the convo on both ends

Also, connects to every mode of transit septa offers as intercounty bus routes are inherently impacted by highway 🛣 runoff in terms of traffic and stormwater(ponding, also traffic + weather)

Birdgang_naj t1_j0kwdqi wrote

23 used to be the longest, might be shorter now from when I caught it back in 2012

Alpacalypse84 t1_j0mj3zq wrote

It got split at Market. No more Deep South Philly to Chestnut Hill. Interestingly, professors used to assign a ride on the full 23 route to teach about income divides among Philly neighborhoods.

Bajileh t1_j1i10db wrote

You can still get a good variety for sure.

blowjob215 t1_j0lzqej wrote

The 23 bus replaced the world’s longest trolley line, right? This would’ve been my first guess for longest bus route too.

kindofasshole t1_j0kzgdd wrote

I’d ride a bus with you! But probably NJ transit 313/315. Goes from Philly to cape may in about 4 hours on local roads.

PollenThighs t1_j0jx9r8 wrote

On both fronts, I'd swear it has to be the G.

h8itorloveit t1_j0jumbl wrote

The 57 bus may not be super long but it feels really long. I’ve taken the 125-124 many times but seems fast so long as no crazy traffic on 76.

darkhorsechris t1_j0kamv2 wrote

The 7 goes from South Philly to Fairmount takes an hour. And it is a pretty chill ride that is drama free.

sallen99 t1_j0lqsmw wrote

I once took a septa bus on New Year’s Eve at 2am from spring garden and Columbus to 69th street transportation center. That was the longest bus ride.

Grapefruit-Happy t1_j0mjr8z wrote

I did something similar in reverse once. Not only was it long, it was weird. Not being able to see where you where because of the darkness outside. Never again.

If you want a chill ride take the 7 bus.

solipsisticsundays t1_j0n7xbq wrote

I took the a bus from 69th to Naamans road in Delaware one time years ago. I think it was the 113? That took forever and a day.

PatAss98 t1_j0mgiq7 wrote

Bus 93 from Pottstown to Norristown Is a good 90 minutes and physical length wise is pretty long, however the ride goes by relatively fast because it mostly goes in a straight line only detouring to stop at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility and Limerick Outlets and is only "slow" when going through Norristown and Pottstown. It runs once an hour seven days a week between 7 AM and 10 PM

worsedadever t1_j0ln9lk wrote

Take a bus to nyc and back. Won’t have to stop every block and free Wi-Fi. Grab a slice of pizza and check out Rockefeller center. Nice way to clear your mind.

apathetic_panda t1_j0mhp98 wrote

You accomplish all of those things taking a train out of Trenton.

worsedadever t1_j0mr4j0 wrote

You’re correct but I think they were looking for a bus ride.

apathetic_panda t1_j0mrrzf wrote

As a time sink. In this specific instance, every option is identical- with the caveat that driving requires attention & self medication during is a crime.

hethuisje t1_j0lutbr wrote

20th and Chestnut to 13th and Chestnut at rush hour.

atwork925 t1_j0mc6q4 wrote

And Walnut. If I just miss my bus I can walk and easily catch it in a block or two.

Agitated_Skin1181 t1_j0l5efc wrote

20 via Keswick was the longest I had even been on

phillysleuther t1_j0l9els wrote

The 25 took me an hour to get from Spring Garden El to Bridesburg.

conorb619 t1_j0ltym0 wrote

Can’t believe you haven’t gotten any “your mom”s lol

brk1 t1_j0nxaky wrote

C bus?

Ok_Average_1893 t1_j0k1eca wrote

School bus rides are the longest, takes 13 years to complete!

Actual-Taste-7083 t1_j0jk72b wrote

I took one from Chinatown in NY to Raleigh NC. 8hrs. 🤷‍♂️ longest bus ride I ever took

−14