Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

emet18 t1_j5q8ju5 wrote

Nutter is not supporting her because Nutter is a moderate and Rhynhart is a progressive.

−9

nemesisinphilly t1_j5qcen2 wrote

LOL Rhynhart is not a progressive. She was Nutter's City Treasurer and his Budget Director. If Nutter endorses anyone it will be her.

Also expect Nutter to endorse Eryn Santamoor for Council At Large.

emet18 t1_j5qdmqm wrote

Philadelphia mag described Rhynhart as a “progressive playmate” of Krasner in 2019. The Inquirer said that she was elected in 2017 because she “rode a progressive wave.

Her plans for mayor seem to cast her equally in the progressive mold. In this interview from late last year, Rhynhart blames gun violence on “racist government programs,” and wants to “reallocate” police funding (read: defund the police) in favor of “community policing” instead.

Rhynhart is Helen Gym for white women. She takes kooky progressive ideas but wipes off the militant activism and repackages them in nerdy policy wonkery, but the ideas are still the same: defund the police, blame everything on systemic racism.

−11

nemesisinphilly t1_j5qf2dp wrote

Don't believe everything you read. If you think Rhynhart is a progressive then who do you think the moderates are in this race?

I would never in a million years vote for Gym and Rhynhart is one of my top choices.

LFKhael t1_j5qfmw4 wrote

Not to mention someone former Wall Street who worked for Nutter being a facsimile of Krasner?

🤡

emet18 t1_j5qt53v wrote

dude idk what to tell you I’m quoting Philly Mag and the Inquirer for that label, die mad about it I guess

−4

ConfiaEnElProceso OP t1_j5qpm4f wrote

As a progressive i very much doubt Rhynhart's bona fides as a progressive as well.

emet18 t1_j5qv3zq wrote

I believe what I read when it’s the words of the candidate themselves.

Among the major candidates in this race, from least to most progressive I’d say: Domb -> Green -> Jeff Brown -> Parker -> Rhynhart -> Quiñones-Sanchez -> Gym.

Let me ask you this: apart from Gym and Quiñones-Sanchez, are there any candidates you think are more progressive than Rhynhart?

nemesisinphilly t1_j5r0m44 wrote

Well there are different kinds of progressives. When Rhynhart says the things in that interview I don't believe her because her actions and deeds do not align with those words.

Green wants the City of Philadelphia to open and fund a bank. Possibly the worst possible idea ever. It's not a moderate idea at all.

I want a candidate that's pro development and pro reducing regulations on small business. I would also want a candidate that would be in favor of the sixers arena in market east.

Based on what I'm looking for I would say all the candidates other than Domb and maybe Brown are to the left of Rhynhart.

ConfiaEnElProceso OP t1_j5q9gz8 wrote

Has this been reported anywhere? He was the one who brought her in to city hall, no?

emet18 t1_j5qb0dd wrote

No this hasn't been reported anywhere, just my personal opinion lol. But I would be surprised if he endorsed her.

−4

Ng3me t1_j5qcjf1 wrote

Your personal opinion is wrong. Look for Nutter to endorse her soon.