Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

iProduceCode t1_j6l2frw wrote

I've almost been hit by cars plenty of times in Philly. Even when crossing at a cross walk with the light. People do not understand or care how to drive here, nothing will protect bikers and PEV riders from the morons with (or without) licenses driving in Philly, besides a cement wall. I watched someone drag the stantion from a protected bike lane down the road after driving through the last one to make a left at an already red light.

tyleritis t1_j6nhxh4 wrote

My buddy got knocked down when a garbage truck swung their door open without looking. They came out like they were gonna jump him next if he didn’t just fuck off. His shoulder hasn’t been the same

iProduceCode t1_j6nibxp wrote

Yup. Garbage trucks are scary too.. Either they block the road and cars use the bike lane to go around, or they block the bikelane and cars don't let bikes pass the garbage truck.. There's been plenty of times I've had to stare down a car driving straight towards me in the bike lane, because they couldn't wait 5 seconds before trying to pass a truck blocking the road.

Just about every day in Philly I'm saying to myself "Yep. I'm gonna die here."

Darius_Banner t1_j6nw1il wrote

Should have called 911 and made them wait. The attitude of some of the garbage guys is appalling

ukjclothing t1_j6oot27 wrote

“And made them wait” lol you must not be from here

TechSquidTV t1_j6nqehv wrote

People have no fear of repercussions or law. Is a stop sign really a stop sign if no one is going to give you a ticket?