Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MikeyPapapacha t1_ixozm0b wrote

I love that his house looks like a normal person's house, not at all "Hollywood." He even has a refrigerator loaded with magnets.

imapiratedammit t1_ixp8wah wrote

It’s not a Trejouse, it’s a Trejome.

DKIPurple t1_ixp4ue7 wrote

Oh this is his “thanksgiving” house, only used for Thanksgiving dinners

KingLatifah t1_ixq35qs wrote

My parents had to sell their Thanksgiving house thanks to inflation. Had to fucking eat dinner in our labor day cabin on the lake like a bunch of jabronis

GhostFour t1_ixq6ga8 wrote

Ewwwww, you used your lake house after Labor Day? Did you cook yourselves too?

KingLatifah t1_ixq98yy wrote

> Did you cook yourselves too?

Is it that obvious? My fingers still smell like lard carcass and i don't have my mani/pedi until next week.

mrsoojay t1_ixp2drw wrote

That was my first reaction too. Seems like a genuine, down to earth dude. So sick of the cribs on display by talentless millionaires.

Imthorsballs t1_ixpaq03 wrote

Even his furniture is from the early 2000s in style he is a famous actor that lives in a middle-class home. I'll try and track down the YouTube video of him interview I believe for his food establishment and films that was done in his house.

Kthulu666 t1_ixplh7r wrote

Usually when you see a home on display it's nothing like it usually looks.

AnonymousPerson4 t1_ixpfro7 wrote

He bought his childhood home according to wikipedia (he has other property as well), this is probably it.

rikafell t1_ixt1a0k wrote

He has a modest house in the San Fernando Valley. I drive by it almost every day while working. I see him on the road all the time driving an old school Chevy. Had a couple interactions with him and he’s such a nice guy.

scarr3g t1_ixqgu9e wrote

The best part is you can tell the front was probably magnet laden, and when he got a new one, he found out they don't stick to the SD surface, and just loved them all to the side.

Same happened to me.

TheDieselTastesFire t1_ixqt6ax wrote

You're telling me they're now making refrigerators on which you can't put magnets? What the fuck is congress even doing these days? It's time for a goddamn revolution. This is the most anti-child anti-family bullshit I've learned all year

mjw217 t1_ixspzld wrote

I know! But need a new fridge and not being able to put magnets on the front is a deal breaker!

arachnoiditis t1_ixppmvh wrote

I mean, that's still a very nice home with what looks like a marble kitchen island. Man's just got taste, other rich fucks make their living spaces look gaudy as hell.

LordRumBottoms t1_ixq3emv wrote

Assuming that's his son. Could have been his house. Either way, everything I read is that Danny is a very humble dude, even though he's got to be swimming in money seeing as how he makes a movie like every other week. And of course he has a badass knife.

tacknosaddle t1_ixr29h7 wrote

I heard an interview with him where he talked about how he feels like he screwed up a bit in how he used his money raising his kids. Basically gave them too much money & freedom for the age they were at. IIRC they're okay now but were a bit of a mess when they were young adults.

itty53 t1_ixp4gq3 wrote

That's my mom's kitchen. Same cabinets. Same fridge. Same can lights.

Tokenvoice t1_ixpmili wrote

Sorry to tell you Itty, but your mum has moved on, she has a new family now, she is now a Trejo. Please don’t make this awkward and just let her go.

rocketwidget t1_ixq4xnn wrote

I have a similar fridge, came with the house. And I'm saddened the trend of stainless steel fronts has relegated magnets to just the sides! :-(

camocondomcommando t1_ixqfrg4 wrote

We have what looks to be the exact same fridge, although ours has an LG badge in the upper right corner, and the doors are magnetic. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out.

NoXion604 t1_ixqyjxy wrote

Wait, stainless steel isn't ferromagnetic? Isn't that material just iron with some carbon and a pinch of other stuff in it? Would that really cause a substance which is still mostly iron to lose its attraction to magnets?

Are you sure it's not because the front is made of aluminium rather than steel?

rentedlife t1_ixsxp26 wrote

I’ve been looking for a new fridge and the salespeople can’t believe I don’t want ss. It’s more expensive for one of the cheapest metals too. Haha

virginiawolfsbane t1_ixr2a9h wrote

He lives in Pacoima, the neighborhood he grew up in. He seems like an all around awesome guy.

EmployeeRadiant t1_ixqekii wrote

a lot of celebrities like to live as normal a life as possible outside of Hollywood.

I'll bet he has a few nice. little vacation homes, though.

SoundOfRage t1_ixqk9s5 wrote

Dude is so humble and never forgot where he came from. He lives in a normal looking suburban house in Mission Hills, Ca. It’s even on a some what of major street. He is super nice and cool!

Electrical-Pie-8192 t1_ixs2rdi wrote

I looked, was positive there were no magnets. Scrolled farther and someone said on the side of the fridge. Looked again, plain as day no zooming needed. I even have a fridge like that with all the magnets on the side. I don't even know how I managed to miss them.