Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mckills t1_jad196b wrote

Daily reminder that the police get 20% of the city budget

Intelligent_Ship_431 OP t1_jacsoew wrote

“A first-year officer would see a nearly 25% increase in pay, and a Lieutenant would get a 6 percent raise. Other ranks would see percentage raises in between those numbers.”

dockellis24 t1_jacweku wrote

All for worthless losers who sit in their cars and do nothing to help anyone

Intelligent_Ship_431 OP t1_jad3uzi wrote

More than anything, I’m very curious if anyone will have anything to say about Gainey giving the cops 25 percent raises. Just objectively, this was such a big deal for some folks around the election, now, crickets ever since.

IOnlyLurk t1_jadd5di wrote

>this was such a big deal for some folks around the election, now, crickets ever since.

Sums up the Gainey administration.

pangaea1972 t1_jad0uvq wrote

"The union revised that by specifically outlining the exact disciplinary action officers will face for certain violations."

Allowing the offenders to dictate their own punishment. Makes sense. Some day perhaps a city administration will stand up to these gangs but it's not going to be here and now, apparently.

chad4359 t1_jad35ml wrote

This is how every single union operates

heili t1_jad9vkl wrote

You're just explaining why a police union shouldn't exist.

Zenith2017 t1_jadjs3u wrote

Cop unions shouldn't exist because cops' purpose is to protect the owner class

chad4359 t1_jadauf0 wrote

I totally agree, unions protect bad employees

−13

mmphoto412 t1_jacumr9 wrote

I’m going to guess the proposed disciplinary actions are a mandatory paid vacation followed by forgetting about the “incident”.

technocornucopia t1_jacxx7p wrote

Has anyone noticed the cops not running warrant checks for wanted persons?

−1

Pencilveinyah t1_jadqrvj wrote

How would somebody “notice” this?

Wouldn’t you have to be a person with a warrant who was involved in a police encounter to know whether or not police are checking for warrants?

technocornucopia t1_jadr4wo wrote

I run with a rough crowd. I've seen or heard stories of multiple interactions with wanted individuals who's name was divulged and no further action was taken. It's like the jail is too full or something..

Pencilveinyah t1_jadtbuj wrote

Thanks for the reply. It was a sincere question.

I’m going to guess most of the r/pittsburgh crowd runs in a different circle though.

technocornucopia t1_jadv32x wrote

I'm honestly surprised I haven't been banned yet for sticking out, but here I am. I'm sure it's only a matter of time and pressure.