Submitted by howlinwoolf t3_z714ke in pittsburgh

Where are you getting your Christmas tree? Are you looking for price or experience? Any recommendations are appreciated!

EDIT: thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

pmp412 t1_iy44e7a wrote

Dormont pool parking lot

timesuck t1_iy442bx wrote

There’s a dude who sells trees down by the Zoo (next to the ice cream place) and he’s the nicest guy. He gets good quality trees at an affordable price, but he always sells out by the beginning of December-ish, so you can’t wait until the last minute.

Short of going and cutting down your own, it’s a great option for supporting a hyper local business in the East End.

UnsurprisingDebris t1_iy45nwu wrote

Can you give me an idea of what an average tree costs from him?

timesuck t1_iy49ujh wrote

I haven’t been down there yet unfortunately, so I’m not sure about the prices this year and I hesitate to guess because of everything happening with supply chains and inflation.

Hopefully someone else here might know.

Specialk408 t1_iy7ynio wrote

We go to him every year - he's a special education teacher who does this in his free time. We spent $80 on what is prob an 8ft tree that is very full. But like the other poster said he always sells out. Really really nice guy and we always like to keep coming back to him.

Xwindshe t1_iy4k5yk wrote

Love Fleming’s Tree Farm in Shelocta, up past Kittanning. Super nice family, beautiful property.

DIY_Creative t1_iy4l2tb wrote

Went to Fleming's in New Alexandria (Westmoreland County) this past Saturday to cut our own. Def more expensive this year than last - maybe 8 to 10 dollars more than last year. 6' tree minimum cost. We went with the cheaper spruce and minimum was $72. All the firs started at $84. We cut a tree down every year bc it's tradition, but I'm gonna look around a bit more next year. Then again there's a place up near Sarver/Saxonburg who sold out already and their price was $75, so somewhere around there seems to be market for cut your own tree.

Klschue t1_iy4xo78 wrote

Jim Jenkins

anthm_412 t1_iy54c4o wrote

380 auction has them 50$

funkyb t1_iy5q560 wrote

McTighe's on rt8 like we do every year. Got ours the weekend before Thanksgiving. I fully expect it to be kindling by the week of Christmas.

Tree is nice enough but it was $100 for an 8 foot fraser fir tree. Shit's expensive. My parents just spent $300 in an artificial tree that'll pay for itself in 2 years based on the size they usually get. If I didn't have kids I think I'd go artificial.

Ok-Twist921 t1_iy6cpxc wrote

Home Depot 😎

Faux all the wayyyy