Submitted by iamaturkeyama t3_z5akga in pittsburgh

I have an empty duffel bag and several out of state friends that have asked me to bring them some when I'm out their way next weekend. Where should I go to grab a bunch?

I've only ever really gotten them from getgo or as a treat when I'm walking through the strip so I'm not aware of any bakeries that just sell bags of them.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Urbanspy87 t1_ixuxhtw wrote

The guy who sells them in the strip. He has "atomic" and non atomic

Augiehack t1_ixv2j3q wrote

Yea Sunseri's does damn good Standard Pep roll. Just got one the other week and forgot how good they are...

I'm sure there is some local shop that makes more "craft' version but for like $7 bucks they are solid as hell at Sunseri's

montani t1_iy1dv4i wrote

Bruh a pepperoni roll should be under $5

Augiehack t1_iy1egn1 wrote

This isnt a small convince store roll. They are like a 2 foot loaf.

ScotiaMinotia t1_ixuzixl wrote

Rolling pepperoni Lawrenceville

jabumb0 t1_ixv8dao wrote

This place is pretty amazing and you can buy them in bulk. I went in one afternoon and the special was like buy 10 get 3 free or something ridiculous. They are smaller but that allows for trying myself flavors.

Ok-Twist921 t1_ixvfdnw wrote

This is good info, im gonna get a bunch for next week!

domecycleripworm t1_ixyq5lo wrote

Except they almost NEVER have just regular pepperoni rolls and they're overpriced lol

DIY_Creative t1_ixys3w4 wrote

I've gotta disagree, slightly. They're pretty good, but overpriced and not truly that great imo. YMMV obviously but while I think they're pretty good they're not worth the price point nor the dickhead employee (at least the same woman who was not nice both times I've gone, maybe she had two bad days, maybe she's not there anymore).

Swill_srna t1_ixvewy3 wrote

Sunseri and Manicinis in the strip both have solid pep rolls.

BlackngoldDoc t1_ixvdw11 wrote

M. Cibrone and Sons bakery. Grove road near Library. They are behind the counter and delicious

TransporterOffline t1_ixuyq9x wrote

This is a great question. Around here at the c-stores I only see the ones with the round sliced pepperoni. I really really really miss Tomaro's pepperoni rolls from Clarksburg WV with the sliced pepperoni strips. I have not found anything like that around here but I will look into some of these suggestions in this thread.

Btw you're a good friend for hunting this down for your friends!

montani t1_iy1e6s3 wrote

Stick pep is the truth. I made some mediocre ones really easily by buying pizza dough from a local pizza shop and cutting a stick of boars head pep into strips and baking. The dough wasn’t right… I think it needs to be sweeter or yeastier? I’m not sure.

TransporterOffline t1_iy1f3e6 wrote

I take the long stick pepperoni and slice it into 4 wedges like you might slice a pickle, and i put them into bread roll dough from the freezer, when i need my fix. I dunno, it just tastes better to me. I hadn't thought of using pizza dough. This post and my own craving talked me into getting supplies yesterday to make some this week.

montani t1_iy1hd1f wrote

If you’re ever going down 79 there is a BFS gas station just east of the south Fairmont exit that has 7 or 8 different brands. I have my favorites but I usually just grab the softest ones when I stop because they’re all pretty great. Then I always go pick up muriales since I’m off the highway anyway

bigebs67 t1_ixuyecp wrote

Downeys in Robinson has great ones there. Not sure if they travel well...

joeyamma t1_ixw8koy wrote

Downey House rolls are legit. Get the wedding soup while you are there

Crittbeast t1_ixwdkbv wrote

This is going to sound insane but the best pep rolls I’ve had have been at CoGo’s Roll Zones.

troubleyoucalldeew t1_ixxce66 wrote

CoGo's pepperoni rolls are legit. You can get better ones at a lot of places, but you can get a good one from cg's damn near anywhere.

imadv8r2 t1_ixwgyvc wrote

Mancini’s in the Rocks.

DIY_Creative t1_ixysa61 wrote

Labriola's hands down (RIP Penn Hills location). Especially if you go early and they're still hot with cheese bubbling out!! Sunseri in the strip are really good too. I recently had one from Batch in Saxonburg that was top notch. But Labriola's is the best imo.

Metrichex t1_ixuydfe wrote

Badamos pizza. I think they have a couple of locations. Slice on Broadway is also good, and they have steak rolls.

mamallamam t1_ixvbksa wrote

Rolling Pepperoni, Zroni, Sunseri, and Labriola are all good choices.

Edit for autocorrect.

PadThaiForAll t1_ixvns96 wrote

Seconding Labriola. They typically sell out by early afternoon. (You can call ahead and reserve your order.)

Sea-Operation7215 t1_ixvl3h0 wrote

Tbones bakery and grocery if you’re heading up 79

Waraseaver127 t1_ixxykm7 wrote

I’m surprised no one mentioned- Alexions! You will not be disappointed!!!

semcdwes t1_ixys682 wrote

Cibrone’s in Castle Shannon. Get some Jimmy Bread while you’re there too.

montani t1_ixz8w9g wrote

Fairmont, West Virginia

maschingon405 t1_ixv192u wrote

Coens hot case

jabumb0 t1_ixv85o1 wrote

The co-gos on Bailly Ave used to be fire. Did that one turn into a Coen yet?

lutzcody t1_ixv79kq wrote

Monte cellos in cranberry has fantastic pep rolls

Extra_Security_665 t1_ixwkr5f wrote

The Tonidale lounge in Robinson. I used to think of this as just a drinking spot but their food is actually fire.

Polishwiz14 t1_ixxmyqf wrote

Surprisingly, Valkyrie Doughnuts in Bellevue PA has amazing vegan pepperoni puffs. I'm not vegan, but love their doughnuts.... bought the puffs on a whim and LOVED them. Personally, Giles Town and Country market in Beaver Falls is the best, imo, it's what I grew up with.

newts07 t1_ixya38v wrote

Mancini's in da rocks

fmtokach79 t1_ixxr4rj wrote

the country store- venetia pa

l3uLLDoZeR t1_ixz4nc7 wrote

Dellalo Market in Jeannette and Bedamos in Mt. Lebanon.

Small-Cherry2468 t1_iy5eutw wrote

If you're in Beaver County, Beaver Super has the best pepperoni bread. I am not sure if they sell it in roll form, but they use the greasiest pepperoni which gets absorbed into the bottom of the loaf and is all crispy and heavenly.

Tonyclifton69 t1_ixvzdse wrote

Oakmont bakery makes some good ones.

−2