Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

da_london_09 t1_j5pfcj4 wrote

Or maybe the kids could simply not act like garbage humans?

JustHereForTheSaul t1_j5pkp83 wrote

I mean, that's the most correct solution, but it's not one the school can implement, exactly.

da_london_09 t1_j5plod4 wrote

It's a parenting issue. If your kid can't make it thru the day without destroying or raping, they probably haven't been raised correctly. Time to stop making excuses for these kids.

JustHereForTheSaul t1_j5pm45v wrote

I totally agree! But if we're looking for practical solutions, getting these kids' parents to start taking responsibility isn't in the realm of the possible. Changing the schedules isn't the best solution, but it might be the best that we can actually do.

da_london_09 t1_j5po0m0 wrote

Better solution is just to expel the students... then no issue at the bus stop, and the parents can figure out what to do when their kid is home all day.

weavs13 t1_j5pxqc6 wrote

Except the parents aren't going to figure it out. They will just let them do as they please all hours of the day.

[deleted] t1_j5pzkb2 wrote

[deleted]

−3

Ralph_the_Dude t1_j5qa41i wrote

So then kids without a GED end up as tomorrows absent parents. I think you're looking for a simple solution to a systemic issue.

aboutsider t1_j5tf0ii wrote

Yeah, that's not just their problem then, is it?

Novel_Engineering_29 t1_j5rk3rr wrote

Expelled teenagers don't stay home all day. They'll be right in that same spot waiting for their friends too get it of school.

burritoace t1_j5rsw4y wrote

An atrociously bad suggestion. It's a good thing people like you aren't in charge of this stuff

mainelinerzzzzz t1_j5r8n87 wrote

Time to stop making excuses for these parents. You can’t expect the village to raise your children.