Submitted by yajanikos t3_xtqfwz in providence

There is a super friendly and sweet (so far) stray in my neighborhood.. he follows me from my car and onto my porch. I couldn’t help but offer him a little food, but he would only eat it outside. I don’t want to get attached, I have 2 indoor only cats already and don’t want to jeopardize them. Just wondering if anyone is looking to rescue a cat? I’ll cover vet costs like checkup, shots, and microchipping.. 🥺

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FNicole86 t1_iqr9uyf wrote

They have picked you! If the cat steps one paw over that threshold they are yours! Wish i could have more cats 😢

yajanikos OP t1_iqraj3l wrote

I’m so conflicted because I’ve met this cat before over a year ago when I lived down the street and he was a fresh friendly kitten! So he must be 2ish now and still surviving. I’m torn between feeling attached to him since we’ve met already, but also not wanting to take him off the street if that’s where he’s been content and surviving.

FNicole86 t1_iqraxyt wrote

Some cats like being outdoors. They come in for cuddles and food then off again. I had a cat like that when i was younger. I couldnt imagine that now that i have indoor only cats.

yajanikos OP t1_iqrcm7b wrote

Hmm makes me wonder if he already has a home like that then, because he is very social with humans

BrilliantTree8553 t1_iqskcdb wrote

I have a tuxedo cat and would love to give her a brother if this one needs a home!

yajanikos OP t1_iqsmpir wrote

😻 I’m going to bring him to a vet when he lets me, to check if he is chipped and ask vet’s opinion on if it is possible he has lived a fully stray life depending on their exam

[deleted] t1_iqrf8s3 wrote

[deleted]

N8710 t1_iqrpdw6 wrote

Was thinking the same thing, that cat has the neon 95 eyes.

yajanikos OP t1_iqrtnbp wrote

He has little white paws too that look like he's wearing shoes lol

AppleseedRogue t1_iqrjpcv wrote

I’d make one of those little cooler shelters to keep ‘em dry and warm, and enjoy the benefits of a cat keeping pests away on the outside.

yajanikos OP t1_iqr6juw wrote

*assuming the cat even wants to be adopted and indoor only

do_not_engage t1_iqrrn23 wrote

Yoo, if you're worried about that, you can always let the cat out if it meows at the door.

But what cat WANTS to stay cold and wet all winter?? Cats are domesticated, they are meant to be pets, not wild. This kitty wants your help!

yajanikos OP t1_iqrslfu wrote

People commenting on this post made a good point that he probably already has a human/indoor-outdoor situation. I'm going to keep an eye on him over the next few weeks and when it starts getting colder just in case!

EmperorMing101 t1_iqsvw0t wrote

Are you near Rhode Island College? There is a cat that almost looks like that in roaming the area but they have a home

LuOatMon t1_iqtmpjd wrote

Dam those 95s are so fire 🔥 OP got taste

wrathfulpancakes t1_iqs1wju wrote

Kitten or adult? We are looking to adopt!

EmperorMing101 t1_iqswjbb wrote

I would contact Providence Animal Rescue league about their 10 rescue kittens if your looking for baby cats. My friend fosters 2 of them and they are almost ready for adoption

yajanikos OP t1_iqss87t wrote

I believe kitten, but can’t be no older than 2.5/3!

do_not_engage t1_isjg6gm wrote

Hi! This cat is still outside!! It was shivering in the bushes near the retirement apartment last night!

We tried to get him to come to us, but he after he ate he was too skittish.

We got a picture of him and it's deffo the same kitten

Edit: Okay, the one we spotted looks like the same kitten, exact same markings, but is one is only 3-4 months old... but has the exact same face and coloring. I wonder if this cat is a she and we found one of her kittens?

yajanikos OP t1_isjs1l9 wrote

I wonder if they could be siblings too! This one is from a litter that looked like it two winters ago and is very friendly/spunky/likes to walk with you around the neighborhood lol, so I don’t think they’re the same cat. What street is the retirement home on?

do_not_engage t1_isjxrpf wrote

Hillside on one side, Chace on the other, the street with India restaurant at the end of it. We're still looking for the 3 Sisters cafe cat Oscar, he's been spotted around there in the last few days. So we were out on a stakeout last night and met the little batman kitten!

yajanikos OP t1_isk6eri wrote

Ohhhh I don’t think they’re related, I’m over on the souff side off of elmwood and sprague :))

Evdoggydog15 t1_iqrnw6y wrote

There aren't many stray cats in Providence. It's an outdoor cat and someone's pet.

grem111 t1_iqs3847 wrote

yeah worth going to a vet and checking if it is already microchipped