Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kbd77 t1_isut5rm wrote

It’s great, the food is good and they always have a bunch of craft beers (both local and from all over) on tap. Definitely would recommend.

DemandingPatient t1_isuuftu wrote

Check their Instagram for more frequent updates, they don’t seem to update their website.

duburose t1_isvktz1 wrote

I love it there! Brunch is best

Squints753 t1_isutyjn wrote

I love rogue island. Been there a handful of times, including when I was living out of state

FunLife64 t1_isvyqr5 wrote

They have good food and the menu has a variety.

I do think it’s a bit overpriced. I requested tomato on a sandwich in a group to go order and they literally asked me to pay $1 for it when I picked up the food. Felt nickled and dimed - the sandwich was $18.

headinthestars888 t1_isuy4k2 wrote

I enjoy it! Locally sourced food and the burger was utterly exfellent

Sonic_Uth t1_iswgony wrote

Beer selection is phenomenal, kitchen is absolutely solid. I work at a bar in the neighborhood and Rogue Island is where I like to grab a meal before work

urumaxusa t1_isuwmc3 wrote

Overpriced for the quality of food. They lie about a lot of the product being local

bungocheese t1_isv2sle wrote

That's not true.

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_isv82r6 wrote

How do you know?

A lot of restaurants lie about food sourcing.

bungocheese t1_isv8ozg wrote

Because I go there often and my friends know the owners and I would believe them

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_isv98s9 wrote

I’d love to know who supplies their produce.

wrathfulpancakes t1_isvgz83 wrote

Last time I went, they had the name of a lot of the produce suppliers on the bottom of the menu. I can’t remember any names, but I remember seeing it

ProvBroker t1_isvtzag wrote

Excellent I highly recommend

greengrass11 t1_iswqt87 wrote

Had a very poor service experience here. Food was fine. There are much better spots to eat in PVD.

bungocheese t1_isv324k wrote

They're bad at updating their website and use Instagram for their marketing. Food is awesome and one of the best beer menus in Providence. It's a bit pricy but the food quality is all top notch. I would say at this point brunch is what they're mostly known for but legit they have some of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had.

orm518 t1_isvwfjv wrote

Their building recently went condo. In addition to being high quality food, I bet them having to buy their unit and take on debt is somewhat a factor. (Assuming they bought and aren’t like renting from a third-party owner. Used to be the Microlofts and store fronts were like apartments.)

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_isv92x2 wrote

Some of their reviews are wild and the person responding sounds like a jerk.

orm518 t1_isvw0iq wrote

These days, for restaurants and bars I don’t even look at websites, I usually google for hours and if I want info pics and menus it’s instagram.

It makes sense. People don’t all know how to make a website and keep it current.

My grandma can instagram.

Edit: ROGUE ISLAND is great too!

FunLife64 t1_isvyy50 wrote

For a RESTAURANT, having a website with a quasi updated menu is not that much to ask…..

quinnkurk OP t1_iswz4xh wrote

I like to look at menus, to see what they offer. Websites are not hard. I found Rogue Island’s on grubhub 🤷🏻‍♀️

phill0406 t1_isxfixj wrote

I've been wanting to try but like the post says the site is outdated. my wife is vegan so we're reluctant to go because we're not sure if there will be options for her there.

Does anyone know if there are?

bungocheese t1_isxjjw6 wrote

vegan not sure, vegetarian definitely. I've messaged their instagram account and they've answered so maybe shoot them a dm. They change their menu fairly often and post it on instagram too, to get a view of it.

Thick-Error-6330 t1_it7k1g3 wrote

I’ve heard it is great. Definitely check out restaurants on Yelp prior to going, it is usually pretty accurate :)

portriprov t1_isurmvp wrote

Havent been there, but I went to Res Bistro when I was visiting Providence and its close to PPAC. Very good food

−1