Submitted by hoeliness_ t3_ydesam in providence

My birthday is this Friday, so me and my boyfriend are looking for some recs. We have our favorite spots but just looking for something new, a little romantic and nicer than your average night out. We love any kind of Asian cuisine, and are steak aficionados, so anything like that would be great but we love anything that’s done well. Can’t wait to see what y’all recommend!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

MatticusMarigold t1_itrtshe wrote

Metacom Kitchen or Persimmon 👌

hootsie t1_itsl9in wrote

Haven’t been to Persimmon since they moved out of Bristol. Glad to see they’re still kicking around.

Double-Diamond-4507 t1_itrrm08 wrote

Rasoi is my favorite restaurant in RI, so that's my choice

goofyasswigger t1_itrzb42 wrote

Same, best Indian food In the state.

And the wildflower bakery next door is amazing as well

Ch3fknickknack t1_itsf2te wrote

Aguardente Pickerel (in the former North/Big King location) Il Massimo is always solid Bayberry Garden

If you’re willing to go outside the city - Metacom kitchen & Waterdog in Warren are both extremely good

Hawks47 t1_itsftae wrote

Palo is our go to date spot!

RoofBeers t1_itsl3e7 wrote

10 Prime!

hootsie t1_itsld87 wrote

Exactly what I thought when OP mentioned Asian food and steak.

RoofBeers t1_itslqta wrote

Last time I went I got the Maine lobster sushi roll and wagyu hot plate (among a plethora of sides for the table) 🤤

FunLife64 t1_itsfnk7 wrote

Dirty Steak Al Forno

hootsie t1_itslipk wrote

Depending on how far you’re willing to travel, Bywater in Warren is fantastic.

_bettyfelon t1_itt329u wrote

Happy Early Birthday!!! The most magical time of year! 🎂🎃👻

darekta t1_ituk8p8 wrote

Waterman Grill, can't beat the river view!

MistrDarp t1_itson4z wrote

I always have a great time at Spain in Cranston. The food and service is amazing, and I feel like it's actually worth the price compared to some other places.

mightyatom4761 t1_itsvoil wrote

I mean steak is capital grille/Flemings. I’d try Gracie’s, Al forno, los Andes, pot au feu, salted slate, new rivers…

hdale111 t1_itrv6uf wrote

Ceviches by Divino in Providence is amazing! Opened a month or two ago and the menu is very intriguing. Lots of seafood, meat or vegetarian options. Then walk to Tiny Bar after for a cocktail!

SDVNova t1_itsypgs wrote

Haruki East

quicktuba t1_itvqkb7 wrote

Circe definitely has some of the best steak around, also recently tried Dolores and the brisket tacos were fantastic.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_iu4xvtk wrote

happy birthday. im sorry i dont know where any celebrities eat dinner.

​

have a nice day regardless

whiteblankpage2011 t1_itsqcjo wrote

The majority of these spots are super solid and all seem like great options. But please try to book reservations asap, a lot of these places book out 1-3 weeks in advance.