Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bigavz t1_iun2c4u wrote

If you couldn't cut it with outdoor activities and dogs in Denver I can't imagine PVD is going to be much better lmao sorryyy

lisachung93 OP t1_iunb381 wrote

I'm not a skinny, white girl that climbs 14er's every weekend which is the ideal for Denver. Providence is more diverse so I'm hopeful.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_iunmumu wrote

We've only got a couple of smaller hills here

decaf_flower t1_iuo9in4 wrote

i will also say, that for how 'accessible' the rockies are when you live in Denver, there are plenty of comparable drives/trips you can take outside of providence if you really wanted to do some hiking. MA, NH, ME, VT are all not that far when you're used to 2 hr mountain traffic. I was once stuck in 8 hrs. of mountain traffic in colorado.

decaf_flower t1_iuo9am3 wrote

Hey i used to live in Denver. Almost ten years ago now, and only for a year because i didn't feel like i really fit in for similar reasons. I'm white but not thin and appreciate nature but its not compulsive for me, nor am in a middling tech or beer company. that being said, its just a much smaller pool here. as far as a numbers game - denver has more people. and i think is more dog friendly on the whole. its 'chill'. providence is 'easy'.

i haven't tried dating here much yet after being here for a year but i will say i was surprised i was ghosted, and that a 42 year old couldn't figure out how to ask me out on a proper date. i think that denver love-bombing and/or fear of commitment is a thing - people just like being intense out there and often feel like they got something to prove, and people aren't trying as hard here. for better and for worse.

that being said, if you are over bros that don't have a personality besides wilderness survival even though they live very much on the grid, you may like the options more here! Good luck : )

Proof-Variation7005 t1_iunaqqo wrote

I'd presume she meant the dating part was tough in Denver.

FunLife64 t1_iuo8fgd wrote

Not sure the dating scene is better in PVD…Denver is full of young professionals

altorelievo t1_iuobdhy wrote

This is sooo true! I've seen some of the people out here and they are *fit*. Not that generic 2-3" in superficial height either where they have dumpy dad bods but still act elite. These people are ACTIVE! I can't keep up...lol