Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WildlifePolicyChick t1_jacxipa wrote

Welp, you need to get your shit together. Picture or no picture, you have a narrow window of time if in fact you want to terminate.

You only have so long until you cannot have an abortion (laws vary). Go to/look up Planned Parenthood for unbiased support and guidance. If you do have the baby, you'll have to decide whether to keep it or put it up for adoption. If you do decide to deliver, you need an OBGYN, pre-natal care, if you smoke or drink you must stop, etc. Look up whatever maternal leave your job allows so you can get a sense of how that's going to play out.

What your boyfriend thinks is the least of your worries right now.

Good luck OP.

throwrajnbg OP t1_jad020v wrote

>Welp, you need to get your shit together. Picture or no picture, you have a narrow window of time if in fact you want to terminate.

95% of me is saying that I won't get the abortion anymore. The only other 5% is based on how my boyfriend reacts. So the next step is ultimately telling my boyfriend because I already know how I feel about this, which I will do soon.

−1

WildlifePolicyChick t1_jadadhd wrote

If only 5% of your decision will be influenced by your boyfriend, that's de minimus. It's a consideration not worth considering if you are 95% sure you are going to have it. That said, you'll have to tell him of course because he/you two will need to figure child support and custody (if you decide to keep the baby), or giving up parental rights (if you put it up for adoption). You'll also BOTH need attorneys.

Get an appointment with your PCP as soon as possible if you need to find an OBGYN. Tell boyfriend, "BF, I decided against the abortion. I'm going to have the baby."

throwrajnbg OP t1_jadd63h wrote

I don't think that's what the conversation will be about--assuming if we stay together. More like finances and preparation rather than custody and child support. If we break up, sure, but for now I just want to tell him and see where his head is at. He's a lot more skilled at this adulting thing than I am, given that he's graduated years ago and has a good paying job, so hopefully his reaction will be a lot more better compared to a college student (me, last year)

−1

WildlifePolicyChick t1_jadtw47 wrote

It doesn't matter if you stay together. Child support is child support.

And 'finances and preparation' IS 'custody and child support'. You are very young but come on OP.

throwrajnbg OP t1_jae1m7w wrote

Custody usually refers to a child living in separate homes when their parents are separated, you and I both know that. Child support usually refers to money given by a parent to another parent in order to support the child when the parents are not together, you also know that. Sure, finances and preparation means custody and child support, but you used terminology that is generally used for separated parents while I used terminology that is generally used for parents that are together. Regardless of what you meant, you phrased it in a way that the general public would assume that it be applied to separated parents.

code-sloth t1_jaerpcv wrote

You two are going to be separated parents. That's the point.