Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EvenOrchid6345 t1_iuhpid9 wrote

The first step is the most difficult to take. Figure out logistics: he won't leave your shared home, so you'll need to find somewhere to stay..do you have savings, are you employed, can you find another place to live? Gather up important documents you have around the house, your passport, social security card, car title, anything official with your name on it. You don't want to be looking for that stuff when you're trying to move quickly, and he'll be super unpleasant once you tell him you're leaving. When you're ready to tell him, tell him. It's not a debate or discussion, you don't want an argument, no need for name calling or a big production. "I'm leaving you. I'll be moving out this date."

Overall_Log_9882 OP t1_iuhq4od wrote

I don't have savings because he keeps losing all our money. All of our stuff was together until about a month ago when he admitted to smoking crack after he lost 2000 dollars out of nowhere. I do have a job and I'm trying to save up to move out. He hid my car title so idk what I'll do about that...I like that you said "no name calling or a big production" I'm so mad at him all the time it's hard for me to not tell him how unempathetic he is as he stares at me crying that he doesn't love me....7 years and this is how it's ends...it's really hard to not let him know how badly he ruined my life