Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

geneb0322 t1_jdxj9mi wrote

Worked without much to show for it. Grilling some jerked pheasant, jerked squirrel, asparagus, and potatoes right now. Lovely afternoon to burn meat over a fire.

Moondinos t1_jdxjyw7 wrote

Spent the day sleepin and did some homework. Boyfriend and I are gonna make some spicy bourbon wings and have a little charcuterie night tonight and play the last of us 2 so I'm pretty pumped for that.

On a different note, does anyone know about the fire at Cooper's hawk?

popeboyQ t1_jdxlbc5 wrote

I worked, distributed some brown, watched Fargo, and now I'm loading a bowl... It's gonna be a good night.

geneb0322 t1_jdxp7hz wrote

I like it. This is the first time I tried it jerked on the grill but it turned out very good. I'd say the meat is very reminiscent of dark meat turkey but, like most wild game, tougher.

ChuckBS t1_jdxphdq wrote

Worrying about or elder dog, working. Nothing terribly fun.

rattylight t1_jdxqabc wrote

Kind of a boring day at work, but did a bit of planning for a trip to Philly at the end of next month. I've lived in VA my whole life and have traveled so much along the east coast - just never Philadelphia for whatever reason. Seems like a cool place with lots of good food.

jodyhighrola t1_jdxqys7 wrote

Spent my Monday with another case of the Mondays.

gracetw22 t1_jdxsbzi wrote

Hit the email hole for work around 10 am and looked down and it was 4. One of those days.

Found out Friday my son needs 3x a week therapy vs his current weekly and might have something a little more going on than I thought, which caught me pretty off guard as someone who kind of mentally lives in the worst case scenario. Trying to sort through all the speech therapy/occupational therapy providers to find the right ones is not a task I am looking forward to.

the_faded_memories t1_jdxu0d4 wrote

Anyone got a set of “chassis ears” I might borrow?

Just discovered these exist. Have some obnoxious squeaks on my truck wheels somewhere at low speeds and I think such a device would really help narrow down the exact culprit.

Possibly willing to trade wrenching labor on another project.

gettingbackrva t1_jdxxglb wrote

Where the F is this thunder coming from in Short Pump.

geneb0322 t1_jdxz3ce wrote

Not sure why your son needs the therapies but I can tell you from experience with mine: the more speech/OT you get, the earliest you can get it, the better. It really helps. My son started speech therapy when he was around 2 and was still completely mute when he was 3. We did super intensive speech therapy for years (sometimes 5 times a week). He's 5 now and while he isn't conversational, he can speak enough to let his needs be known and even tell you about his day or answer questions you ask him. He's down to once a week at this point, but the years of intensive therapy really paid off.

Horror-Fisherman-575 t1_jdxzz09 wrote

I was la y all day but took a sunset walk. Pretty night - and then, bam! Made it home before the rain, now watching Extrapolations on AppleTV.

Captian420 t1_jdy0t8e wrote

Dude, I’m feeling like mad depressed tonight. Idk why and it’s too late to go to any card or record shops. I might go on a walk or something.

gracetw22 t1_jdy27qd wrote

That’s great to hear. I don’t think the pros really know what is going on just yet, and anyone who knows me in real life will probably laugh that.. of course this is my child, but he’s basically got some kind of disconnect and speaks his own language and gets frustrated when people don’t understand him. Once he is over it, he’s just done and wanders off to do his own thing which I think makes it hard to keep him engaged. For people he likes he will change the topic but if you push he just won’t play ball at all.

For example tonight I was trying to practice one technique and he started singing his own version of wheels on the bus except when he gestured the doors going OPEN and SHUT he just put his hand over my mouth. Point taken, Sir. Toddlers are wild.

askol2 t1_jdy5ve5 wrote

Worked all weekend so had the day off which was nice. Now mentally preparing to go back to work tomorrow

needsexyboots t1_jdy61rd wrote

We lost our dog suddenly yesterday so today was mostly crying on and off and worrying about our other dog and how he’s going to adjust being the only pup. She was getting older but I thought we still had a lot of time with her. Cancer sucks.

atctia t1_jdykj9i wrote

Spent my Monday evening working on getting my new apartment organized and am now enjoying a veggie pizza while watching anime