Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jennbo t1_isxlg0b wrote

Man I know folks (usually without MDs) like to do armchair diagnoses online but saying that someone has schizophrenia because they say bigoted shit is a big stretch imo. There are plenty of people who have mental illnesses who aren’t assholes. A “break” for 6+ years if you read the google reviews. And supposedly he IS the main manager there.

gleepgloopgleepgloop t1_isxoy4a wrote

I am a licensed mental health professional and have experience working with institutionalized and community-residing individuals with schizophrenia, among other disorders.

You are focused on the bigoted comments, I'm looking at all the details and the context, which includes my knowledge of federal HR and ADA where it pertains to employee mental health.

Of course I don't have enough information to make a diagnosis, which is why I said it "sounds like" schizophrenia. I rarely comment on diagnoses on reddit, but if OP's description is accurate, I stand by my impression.

LionOver t1_isy6j2s wrote

Yeah, my older brother has schizoaffective disorder and one of his primary delusions over the past several years is that black people are following him and listening to his conversations. It's verrrrrry embarrassing, because you can't make him unbelieve that.

gleepgloopgleepgloop t1_isydl73 wrote

I bet it is! I'm sorry your brother is struggling and that it's affecting you as well. It's nice that you have a relationship with him despite it.