Submitted by pumicepickle t3_zxixkq in rva

I've been to a few around the area (trash and class, diversity, some around the Cary street area) and did find some interesting pieces but not quite what I was looking for. I'm looking for cheap prices and cool and or weird items.

Think cool little handmade tapestry instead of rooms to go mass produced junk. Diversity thrift had some neat furniture, but I think they were kindly tapped from holiday shopping when I went. Class and trash also had very cool stuff. Any more out there like those two?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

fusion260 t1_j20k4ew wrote

I've always found some really neat items at RVA Antiques just next to the CVS and the Lakeside Farmer's Market. The owners and staff are all delightful, as well!

It's in the same building (which was an old post office) as the CVS.

illixxxit t1_j215mks wrote

Mixies (now called MAC) is an antiques mall in Mechanicsville that is home to some interesting booths

Past Chapters in Midlothian has dope mid-century modern stuff at reasonable prices … which are still more expensive than one might hope

edit: if you’re looking for CHEAP cheap … and a moderate adventure, high risk/high reward, total scavenging mission … nothing beats the Goodwill outlet warehouse on Midlo Turnpike. Textiles and homegoods sold by the pound. Kinda dystopian. Sensorily overwhelming. Some trips there are a total lose, other times you find an unexpected treasure for a tiny fraction of what it’s worth. My luckiest finds have been a whole set of corningware baking dishes, some brand new wireless noise-canceling headphones, a designer silk dress from the sixties, and a handful of 100% cashmere sweaters. Fair warning that the place can be a madhouse. Not sure what the deal is with furniture there, though.

brat84 t1_j2144s3 wrote

Dust. It’s on the expensive side but ALWAYS fun to browse. Near top golf.

coconut_sorbet t1_j20qvdb wrote

Check out Whispers of Time in Lakeside.

cmyk412 t1_j20smg6 wrote

Stuff! In Scotts Addition. Well curated. Definitely funky/kitschy. Lots of work by local artists/makers. A little pricey but worth it for an independent small business

100835 t1_j20vio3 wrote

If you don't mind a little drive the Bazaar Market on Hull Street has some unique stuff- lots of different booths, etc. Also Coalfield Station Antiques in Midlothian.

OddWelcome2502 t1_j21pila wrote

There are two Class and trash locations!

topo_gigio t1_j23a4qr wrote

Definitely check out the original location on Rt 1 - it's always a fun browse

VicJavaero t1_j24trgy wrote

That location sucks.

topo_gigio t1_j24wbbc wrote

why?

VicJavaero t1_j24y4i8 wrote

They said all the good stuff goes to the downtown location. This place is sad, man. Looks like a garage sale and the upstairs seems to be where they toss the even shittier, broken items.

topo_gigio t1_j256caq wrote

oh no! I guess I haven't been in a while. this is good to know.

momthom427 t1_j20zonc wrote

West End Thrift on Broad- not the same as West Antiques- sometimes has nice furniture and rugs and the money raised goes to charity.

ChiliTrees t1_j20li40 wrote

There’s a huge antique mall on Broad behind the Krispy Kreme but for the life of me I can’t remember what it’s called. But they have a ton of furniture, art etc. I’m not too sure about prices there though. I’m sure it varies by vendor.

spike31875 t1_j20pahm wrote

I believe it's called West End Antique Mall.

SW_RDC t1_j20qlap wrote

68 home

S60T6 t1_j263pib wrote

As others have mentioned West End Antiques ALWAYS has some cool stuff but definitely isn’t the most affordable. Last week I had some time to kill out in Midlothian and checked out the Habitat for Humanity thrift shop on Mall Drive and the thrift store across the street in the old Pier 1 building on the other side of Midlothian. Both of them had some awesome looking furniture and were CHEAP too. Definitely worth a trip across the river! Also both stores didn’t seem to be picked clean by resellers like Diversity always seems to now.

Proper-Ad4006 t1_j20nk6h wrote

Haven't been myself yet but my friend was telling me Love of Jesus has good furniture

anners12345 t1_j21fhj9 wrote

Redemption Thrift on Patterson gets tons of furniture and prices are good. It’s a mix though!

SwitchToDecaf t1_j21jrxg wrote

Crater Community Hospice Thrift Shop in Midlothian (across from Chesterfield Town Center in the old Pier 1 Imports building). Went earlier today and they had lots of decently-priced furniture!

Kitchen_Lecture_2203 t1_j22xh14 wrote

Redemption thrift on Patterson also has thrifty sisters across the street. I’ve found great stuff in both. Also Muse Me near OTooles on Forest Hill Ave has really interesting mix of antique /eclectic and local artists

TGIIR t1_j235f4d wrote

Haven’t been there in a few years but Salvation Army used to get some cool furniture in. You might have to go a few times but worth the browse. I’d go to the one by the SPCA and the one on Mechanicsville Turnpike. Plus I trusted their cleaning process for upholstered furniture - other thrift stores not so much. Happy shopping!

TGIIR t1_j2afvy8 wrote

Here sorry I trcord the watch..I trined wart hint a minutes day.

goodsam2 t1_j27ji5i wrote

Diversity holds a pretty legit New years party each year, they are probably holding back for that reason.

IMO diversity is my favorite

You could also try azalea flea market which is popping most Saturdays.