Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Davidm241 t1_j2bsshc wrote

I have never ridden a bus, but I was under the impression that if you paid, you ride. It’s your responsibility to make sure you are on the right bus.

pumicepickle OP t1_j2bswjp wrote

...it is the correct bus, otherwise I would not be home. And it's free.

Edit: I see what you're saying now, I thought you meant it was my fault I got on the wrong bus or something.

Davidm241 t1_j2bt5yk wrote

I was agreeing with you. Paid or not, I don’t think the driver dictates whether you can ride or not.

Davidm241 t1_j2fvz32 wrote

No worries! I didn’t articulate my thoughts very well. Happy New Year!

-B001- t1_j2dqkys wrote

Riding GRTC has been free for a while, so the OP wouldn't have paid.

I think the other responses are right about this being the end of the route. But unless the bus is going out of service or perhaps the driver's meal break is coming up at the end of the route, I don't know of a reason the driver would have said anything.

Davidm241 t1_j2dus37 wrote

I didn’t know it was free. I think that is awesome! Thanks for educating me.

-B001- t1_j2dv0w9 wrote

No problem. Since the bus runs right in front of my house and is free, you'd think I would use it -- but it's been a long time since I was on GRTC!

WattDoIKnow t1_j2fmvxz wrote

Good to know. I haven’t ridden the bus since before COVID. I was thinking about riding again and didn’t know if it was still free or not.

-B001- t1_j2fr8oq wrote

I think I read something about GRTC getting an additional grant or something to be able to continue it for free.