Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

1yellowstoneguy t1_j2c6naj wrote

Absolutism is the enemy of truth. Words like these turn good cops bad. This isn’t to say your words have no truth but they’ll make more enemies than friends.

−52

chairmanbrando t1_j2cdctd wrote

The truth is flies like vinegar more than honey.

There are, and can be, no good cops when the bad cops are allowed to get away with everything that they do. Rotten apples spoil the bunch and so on. Cops are so rarely punished for their wrongdoings that it's straight stupid for the public to trust them anymore.

It's a profession that's most attractive to bullies and the bullied, and SCOTUS has already said the role of police is to protect property rather than people. People should be afraid of this militarized and unionized police state we're in. The actual military is not allowed to unionize for a reason, and it's to stop the endless madness we see out of our unionized police. Go watch Serpico if you haven't already.

Do not ever talk to a cop. Do not ever interact with a cop unless absolutely necessary. Simple as that. You can't have faith that you've found yourself a good one when so many of them are bastards. Assuming ACAB is a public safety measure.

Veratha t1_j2c7mws wrote

Call me when there are good cops on the force and then I'll go anti-absolutism with ya, until then you already know the acronym

Cactus_Humper t1_j2cb9w5 wrote

Ok what’s your phone number? Because there’s plenty of decent people on the force.

−34

OrtizDupri t1_j2ckdb5 wrote

Where?

Cactus_Humper t1_j2drcsw wrote

All the cops that don’t make the news because they aren’t terrible?

−10

BobaFettzroth t1_j2fx99v wrote

"If I didn't see it on the news, it didn't happen."

Do you even realize how brain-dead you sound?

JoeSabo t1_j2dg9cx wrote

Breaking: Man makes major assumption, offers no evidence

Cactus_Humper t1_j2drlnl wrote

You mean… exactly what all of you are doing? Aka making the (even more) major assumption that ACAB? Lmao

−4

ludba2002 OP t1_j2ca0tq wrote

Reddit posts don't turn good cops into bad cops. Unchecked power does.

I_AM_RVA t1_j2cdnp1 wrote

If these words can turn a cop into an “enemy,” then he was a fucking enemy to begin with.

oldguy_on_the_wire t1_j2dd0bf wrote

Oh, go on with your logic here! We have flaming pitchforks and we're gonna use them dammit!!!!! /s

I, too, avoid absolute words like 'always', never, etc. They are so seldom accurate and they paint a false picture. I'm sorry to see you got hammered for speaking truth to the masses.

−14