Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

juwanna-blomie t1_j1xfksb wrote

Miss Elainious(or however its spelled) and Kelli Lemon are the only “influencers” I really know of. But there’s other sources like Richmond Experience, Venture Richmond and RVA Mag that typically have breakdowns of weekly/weekend events on their socials.

Edit: is there a reason this is downvoted? Genuinely curious since they ARE always posting on socials about local happenings…

njbrews t1_j1xj7ga wrote

Miss Elaine Neous on IG

jacksonwarg t1_j1xj8ig wrote

I've only been here a few years so I don't have experience with all of them, but from what I've read, TV Head, duck man, burpee guy, glitter bomber, Francine are the most influential.

haloranges t1_j1xofvh wrote

Not for social happenings per se but Axios Richmond's two writers and @GoadGatsby are good for keeping track of current events, local politics, etc.

Western-Bar-9404 t1_j1xpsek wrote

If you type in rva influencers on instagram there’s a instagram page that follows them all. Personally I don’t think people who moved here less than 5 years ago and get free food for their instagram account should get any credibility. (Rva experience I’m lookin at u!)

I_AM_RVA t1_j1xuq99 wrote

Me. I’m a local influencer.

Ditovontease t1_j1z1br5 wrote

? I just ask my friends who work at bars lmao

djeeetyet t1_j1z3n7w wrote

who cares about influencers…they’re generally mostly lame. they’ve definitely ruined a few of my hobbies/interests. like i don’t need someone a decade or more younger than me telling me they think they know more than i do about xyz and then doing it in this phony saccharine for social media way.

DefaultSubsAreTerrib t1_j1z51zc wrote

I think OP is using a different definition for "influencer" than you or I.

I think of an influencer as photoshop lifestyle and thinly veiled advertisements, whereas this post seems to be asking for someone who reports on Richmond area happenings and events (a "reporter" as the old heads like to say).

femanonette t1_j1z6z4k wrote

Trying to Adult on meetup is lead by a woman named Sam. I don't know that she's necessarily an 'influencer' in the Instagram sense, but she does frequently come up with fun things to do around Richmond for the group!

JamesBhand-007 t1_j1zf77y wrote

@restlessrva on IG is good for music events on Thursday-Sunday

Also agree with Miss Elaine Neous on IG!

TheCheeseDevil t1_j1zjr0n wrote

The only one I follow really who is an individual is miss_elaine_neous. I've found out about so many events & restaurants from her updates

notme1234510 t1_j20exkc wrote

RVAFoodBae on Instagram has the best videos I’ve seen

Two_Far t1_j211n5k wrote

Didn't the "Richmond Experience" people go on some drunken rant a couple years back? I think some busy downtown restaurant refused to seat their party in front of others who had been waiting longer. The put some big post on Instagram trashing the restaurant. The next day they took it down and wrote a big apology. But there was a lot of fallout over it.

Personally, I stopped following them after they encouraged people to take a walk along the Pipeline Trail...while the James was at flood stage!

92eph t1_j217no3 wrote

ContainedCreations is based in RVA and has a big following in the gardening world. Content is not RVA-specific though.