Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zane017 t1_j30ln5i wrote

Only if you’re constantly using the people around you for personal benefit with no concern for how that effects others. You’re probably just more aware of yourself/intelligent than most of us. I do all these things but I guess I learned them subconsciously. I’m not observant or really all that bright, so I think we probably learned via the same mechanism; I just didn’t notice I was doing it. I think if you were a psychopath you wouldn’t care much. While they also have to learn on more of a manual level, the motivations are what’s different. People are fascinating.

As I’m getting older I can see that I’m developing deep laugh lines and almost no frown/anger lines. I But I’m a deeply sad person who struggles with dark moods. I’m an extreme introvert who would always rather be alone. But when I’m laughing constantly during conversations, I’m not being fake. I genuinely like almost everyone I meet and talk to. I’m interested in their lives and want them to be happy. I find humor in most situations. But I never want to be there, regardless.

But I also developed manic laughter the couple of times I went into physical shock. And I’ve been attacked more than once because of the grin I get when a deeply disturbing argument is beginning.

People are just weird. All of us.

sprklstlr t1_j322dnp wrote

I believe your thoughtful and thorough response does show your intelligence and self-awareness. Feel free to ignore this fellow sad/moody, introverted internet stranger, but I think your insights are more complex than you give yourself credit for.