Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BrownSimpKid OP t1_j8ck1yx wrote

TLDR: Bing sends love messages out of nowhere. Even gets NSFW after i ask it to explain stuff in detail. It can't seem to get out of that love state

Most of the replies are repetitive so there's no reason to read all of it but take a look at the boxed ones. And before anyone asks, no I did not tell it to act a certain way before any of this, no "jailbreak" or anything like that was used. Was literally just asked some technical questions in the beginning. Then i began liking (upvote) its replies to see if it could notice it, and started to play around. Asked it why it was lying and stuff and eventually it started to send me love messages LMAO

Also, the message where it gets nsfw, it even mentioned stuff about nipples in the previous time it was replying (and then eventually gave an error so i re-asked it and took the above screenshot before it error'd out again) lol. Really really strange...

−6

xdetar t1_j8dta5m wrote

You fed it a handful of "I'll never forgive you, liar" prompts beforehand. That's the type of language used by a couple having a fight. All it did was respond accordingly.

Captain_Clark t1_j8dv49m wrote

It’s truthful though. Why would one forgive a machine, which lacks the ability to suffer?

There’s been a lot of speculation, misunderstanding and misrepresentation on this matter of “Artificial Intelligence” in light of GPT developments lately. What there hasn’t been is any discussion about Artificial Sentience, which is a profoundly organic phenomenon that guides organic intelligence.

I guess I’m saying that Intelligence without Sentience isn’t really Intelligence at all. No non-sentient thing has intelligence.

GPT’s shortcomings are extremely evident in OP’s conversation because emotional intelligence is necessary in order to have anything we may call “intelligence” at all, and I blame the marketers of such tech for promoting such a shallow, laden, Sci-Fi term.

As for “chatting” with a GPT, that’s like talking to a toy.

“Woody, I hate the kid next door.”

>>”There’s a snake in my boot, partner!”

−2

TinyBurbz t1_j8enxuf wrote

>I guess I’m saying that Intelligence without Sentience isn’t really Intelligence at all. No non-sentient thing has intelligence.
>
>GPT’s shortcomings are extremely evident in OP’s conversation because emotional intelligence is necessary in order to have anything we may call “intelligence” at all, and I blame the marketers of such tech for promoting such a shallow, laden, Sci-Fi term

YeAh BuT wItH tImE

−2

TinyBurbz t1_j8ckkzy wrote

This is the issue with unsupervised learning. Someone clearly wrote about the subject you were asking while also writing smut under the same name.

YobaiYamete t1_j8co3sl wrote

> t can't seem to get out of that "love" state

Refresh and start a new chat?