Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

xdetar t1_j8dta5m wrote

You fed it a handful of "I'll never forgive you, liar" prompts beforehand. That's the type of language used by a couple having a fight. All it did was respond accordingly.

Captain_Clark t1_j8dv49m wrote

It’s truthful though. Why would one forgive a machine, which lacks the ability to suffer?

There’s been a lot of speculation, misunderstanding and misrepresentation on this matter of “Artificial Intelligence” in light of GPT developments lately. What there hasn’t been is any discussion about Artificial Sentience, which is a profoundly organic phenomenon that guides organic intelligence.

I guess I’m saying that Intelligence without Sentience isn’t really Intelligence at all. No non-sentient thing has intelligence.

GPT’s shortcomings are extremely evident in OP’s conversation because emotional intelligence is necessary in order to have anything we may call “intelligence” at all, and I blame the marketers of such tech for promoting such a shallow, laden, Sci-Fi term.

As for “chatting” with a GPT, that’s like talking to a toy.

“Woody, I hate the kid next door.”

>>”There’s a snake in my boot, partner!”

−2

TinyBurbz t1_j8enxuf wrote

>I guess I’m saying that Intelligence without Sentience isn’t really Intelligence at all. No non-sentient thing has intelligence.
>
>GPT’s shortcomings are extremely evident in OP’s conversation because emotional intelligence is necessary in order to have anything we may call “intelligence” at all, and I blame the marketers of such tech for promoting such a shallow, laden, Sci-Fi term

YeAh BuT wItH tImE

−2