Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GinchAnon t1_irajvmk wrote

I think that there is a legitimate problem to that, and I really have no idea how to solve it that doesn't just have a degree of trust that people won't circumvent it for their device.

I could also see that turning out to not be as big of an issue as people might expect.

if we can get to having real time processed pass through with little enough lag and reliable enough, basically simulating blind-spot correction that we naturally have, and applying it to things like support beams in a car, seems like it should be doable and useful.

though keeping it safe when such mechanisms FAIL is where it could be really tricky.

[deleted] t1_iralq7p wrote

>though keeping it safe when such mechanisms FAIL is where it could be really tricky.

100% - oh yeah. I almost wonder if - especially if you're using it for driving that it could have a manual eject that flips the lenses out so it's impossible for it to obstruct your eyes. Imagine that shit just filled the entire thing with some crash screen or popup, my god. You want to be able to quickly and physically press a button or something. Although if they're simple glasses you could just smack em off and grab the wheel.