Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SoylentRox t1_j2adgyv wrote

Yep. I want a premium tier where I can make as queries and get immediate responses with no cooldowns. I would expect a monthly plan where i get a certain number of queries included and can buy more.

In a few years I would expect my employer to pay for the subscription but in the immediate future I'm happy to do so. I don't ask it to write anything I can't write but it saves all this time.

terrabi t1_j2axjua wrote

I hope it won't be a subscription but pay-as-you-go, just like it already is with gpt3 and dall-e.

AdminsBurnInAFire t1_j2dlkbr wrote

Holy shit do you guys have infinite money? Do you not understand how awful a subscription economy is? You will own nothing and rent forever.

SoylentRox t1_j2ebbo1 wrote

That's fine. Owning stuff is inefficient. I would rather own shares of stocks and rent everything else.

AdminsBurnInAFire t1_j2ecy9p wrote

That’s how you become a digital serf. Owning is always the smart choice.

SoylentRox t1_j2ei4bm wrote

No, it makes you a digital elite.

If you own stock but rent your phone, car, and home, you can move whenever you want and always have the latest car and phone. You benefit from the extra technology.

While I don't actually rent my car or phone as I don't need either to be the absolute latest, I do rent software. As anything but the most recent version is useless to me.

For AI models it's the same idea.

I have hundreds of thousands, soon to be over 1m in stock. As much 'equity' as an extremely lucky homeowner.

AdminsBurnInAFire t1_j2ej85m wrote

No, the digital elite all have their possessions secured with a purchase, often multiple purchases, because they’re not foolish.

What you do not own, can always be taken from you. You don’t need to worry (too much) about your software being taken from you but you do need to worry about your house being taken from you. The only argument for renting that can be taken seriously is convenience and security always trumps convenience. The same thing for stocks, if Wall Street fucks up one day and says your stocks are worth nothing, what can you do? Meanwhile if the bank comes for your house, you have a bill of ownership protecting your rights.

SoylentRox t1_j2ek52w wrote

>What you do not own, can always be taken from you. You don’t need to worry (too much) about your software being taken from you but you do need to worry about your house being taken from you.

This is not a problem if you have money. Just go rent something else. Also if your landlord decides to go through the eviction procedure, there is no ASSET for you to lose.

If you own a house, and a judge decides to order it seized in a civil action (like a divorce or lawsuit), or your corrupt HOA makes up some fines of arbitrary scale and then sues you and seizes it if you can't pay, you lose the EQUITY.

I'd rather have all my assets in stock, and borrow against it if I have a need for money fast when the market is low.

PanicV2 t1_j2eiweq wrote

So what's your plan then? You want to buy your own?

I'm pretty confident a subscription is cheaper than the alternative here, unless you are FAANG.

sharkymcstevenson2 t1_j2cjujb wrote

Alfred has this.

SoylentRox t1_j2cjzfa wrote

Is this the same model that was refined via RLHF? The base GPT-3 is not that.

sharkymcstevenson2 t1_j2ckgav wrote

Alfred is based on GPT-3 with a finetuned model to be as similar as possible as ChatGPT, since ChatGPT API isnt available yet (hoping for a public release soon)