Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Phoebesrent-a-bee t1_j5wz2bi wrote

Best go back and read again, cause achilles is pronounced a sheelz in that book. Cant member if he corrects ender or if it’s just mentioned in the narration, but yeah :p

jamesangellaw t1_j5x0v1d wrote

Just meant when you read a book, you’re allowed to interpret words, visuals, etc in your own way. Maybe the “correct” way is one way, but when you read… it’s whatever you want.

Phoebesrent-a-bee t1_j5x1jqb wrote

Ah sorry, i fired off too soon. Read the first sentence and skimmed past. My b, friend! I would say that while personally reading something there is no right or wrong way to pronounce things, but the movie by most metrics didn’t get it wrong, as the book states how the author intended the name to be pronounced and had some reasoning behind it. But on the other side, fuck noted homophobe religious wierdo orsen scott card. So like, 6 of 1, half dozen other etc.

12altoids34 t1_j5y9zbv wrote

Yep I must have missed that

Phoebesrent-a-bee t1_j5zg74a wrote

You know i slept on it and i think it might have been in ender’s shadow. That parallel book about bean.

12altoids34 t1_j61xc36 wrote

I've read Ender's Game ,Speaker for the Dead and Ender's shadow. I wasn't aware that there were so many more out there