Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Stanky3000 t1_j7y9l71 wrote

Man has more career MVP votes than Russell Wilson.

MakesTheNutshellJoke t1_j7yaxp2 wrote

Boy I hope Russell Wilson keeps catching strays until the heat death of the universe.

captaincumsock69 t1_j7z905s wrote

I’ll always respect Russ for the work he does with the pediatric cancer hospitals

breezefortrees t1_j7zo90w wrote

Idk if I'd be so sure, I had seen another reddit thread pop up today about his employees recovering more money than they use for the actual charity

Deiseltwothree t1_j7zv356 wrote

I believe there is a website that tracks big charities, and I am pretty sure most of them are like this....and that sucks.

Ritsku t1_j8150o4 wrote

Yeah most charities aren’t in fact for charity. They’re for tax write offs and big profits.

scootscooterson t1_j821r8t wrote

Let’s distinguish between poorly run charities and grifts like this where more than half is just going straight to pockets

Raeandray t1_j80adwt wrote

While true, he physically attends the pediatric hospital every Tuesday. So that at least is legit.

Eswyft t1_j7zvnle wrote

There are over head costs for charity. That's reality. You're going to need to be a lot more specific

Gobblewicket t1_j802437 wrote

Russell's charity reportedly spen more on employees than doing actual charitable works. They spen $600,00 on charity and $1.1 million on salaries from 2020-21. Ryan Tarpley, CEO of the charity, made double industry standard in salary. He is also Chief Strategy Officer for the Wilson's home office, which is illegal double dipping.

If you want to become infuriated, Yahoo! has a good story on it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wilsons-why-not-you-foundation-reportedly-spent-more-on-employee-salaries-than-charitable-activities-185532088.html

As a bonus, the Wilson Celebrity Golf Tournament boasted about $2million in donations to a Seattle children's hospital. But in actuality only donated $78,000 while the Tournament itself cost $800,000.

Eswyft t1_j8030u6 wrote

That's bad. Thank you for the source

drmcsinister t1_j80mo2g wrote

Those are pretty abysmal ratios. Who is this Ryan Tarpley guy? I'm assuming a close friend...

RevengencerAlf t1_j80c0rc wrote

Overhead is a real thing but it should be reasonable. I think the exact line of acceptable costs is easily debatable but his charities are reportedly spending over 50% of their income on overhead and I'd like to think any rational person would say that's too much to justify the existence of the entity if true.

[deleted] t1_j7zkn3x wrote

[deleted]

captaincumsock69 t1_j7zkwu5 wrote

This foundation has nothing to do with pediatric cancer? It’s a separate thing. The goal of this charity is helping kids who live in poverty

Bologna-Bear t1_j7zlb50 wrote

I can’t read apparently.

captaincumsock69 t1_j7zlst2 wrote

There might be some overlap tbh I don’t know the exact details but I just was referring to how he would constantly show up to meet with kids who have cancer and try and brighten their day even a little bit. I mean there’s like hundreds to thousands of pictures where it looks like he just got out of bed to hangout with these kids

anon675454 t1_j80ffg3 wrote

it’s a shame your country needs to rely on charity from the richies for children to survive disease

−6

Seahawk715 t1_j80jxir wrote

Wow. How big is the rock you’re living under??

buttnuggs4269 t1_j7yj4zd wrote

Lol heat death of the universe ?

[deleted] t1_j7ykkqf wrote

[deleted]

MercenaryForHire_76 t1_j8016zw wrote

was Einstein also aware of this?

[deleted] t1_j80os93 wrote

[deleted]

MakesTheNutshellJoke t1_j81edq5 wrote

If Einstein wasn't aware of it, it didn't apply to him.

[deleted] t1_j81mdqh wrote

[deleted]

MakesTheNutshellJoke t1_j81sew8 wrote

I was just making a joke lol

Schrodenger's entropy.

Stuart22 t1_j7y6jrl wrote

Colin Robinson?!

WorldTravelBucket t1_j7yzh45 wrote

It’s probably because he has so much updog.

Nickelback-Official t1_j7z3axh wrote

What is updog?

jchall3 t1_j7zqpxk wrote

At this point they should just give out a “Denny Kellington Trainer of the Year” Award

Ok-Boysenberry-2955 t1_j7z3q39 wrote

Go ahead and crown his ass.

jbolons1 t1_j80d4rj wrote

THE BEARS, WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK

Budmanes t1_j80tihk wrote

I know it’s only symbolic, but what a wonderful gesture

jayjaynich0821 t1_j7y6zvw wrote

This makes me so proud to be a fellow athletic trainer! Go Denny!

tjturtle t1_j7yyrub wrote

Did this send anyone else to the abovethelaw website?

Good_nuff t1_j821o44 wrote

It sent me to a Hollywood reporter article about Paul Rudd

DingoDoug t1_j844545 wrote

Guy was at the scene in 10 seconds. He’s a hero.

UnknowableSir t1_j858cx9 wrote

Not sure what the ramifications are, if any, but hats of to Suzy Kolber for using her AP vote to symbolize this gesture. Not sure how the process was decided on, whether she made that choice herself or not, regardless, kudos ✌🏻

MickNRorty4Eva t1_j80l70o wrote

Cool to see. Credit where it’s due. What did this guy do? The article doesn’t really say.

butttabooo t1_j80tpzx wrote

Assuming cpr on site, saving his life.

wichitagnome t1_j812c1f wrote

Yeah, that was the explanation I saw in another thread. For those that don't know (since this is a general sports subreddit and they may not follow the NFL), Hamlin took a hit on the field and his heart stopped. Trainers immediately started doing CPR and they were able to get him to the hospital and he's recovering.

tofulo t1_j81k8m4 wrote

He isn’t a player though…

−8

Delmonte3161 t1_j804jrz wrote

Is this how Josh Allen got a first place vote? “He must have meant Josh Allen”. Because any other logic for the most turnovers in the NFL getting a vote make no sense.

They 100% should have created an award for this guy though.

−10

vw2000 t1_j7zvwgo wrote

Can’t help but feel bad for the bills, they’re down bad

−17

pickle_man_4 t1_j8040u3 wrote

Symbolically, that’s awesome. But that voter should probably never be allowed to vote again. Good thing it was a run away decision because can you imagine if that vote would have actually decided the result?

−47

LUNA_underUrsaMajor OP t1_j8111kt wrote

The voter is a veteran reporter and very well respected, no one who matters cares, and they support it

PM_me_yer_kittens t1_j80nro2 wrote

They only voted that way because they knew it was a run away decision, but not stopping it from being unanimous. It was literally the best vote breakdown possible for him to do this.

whadisabout t1_j80v3qy wrote

Unless Mahomes has a bonus clause in his contract that kicks in if he wins MVP, the MVP vote literally means jack squat.

It’s cool to say X player has won more MVP awards than X player, but in the end it has zero real world implications. Why not celebrate someone that actually did have an on-field contribution that went beyond the game?

Competitive-Pop6530 t1_j8096oi wrote

Shouldn’t that vote have gone to Jesus?

−49

seattlesportsguy t1_j852fgt wrote

Jesus needs to get some more accuracy on his deep ball before we even talk about MVP votes