Submitted by the_honeyman t3_y78al2 in springfieldMO

Anybody know how to get in touch with them? Need to establish a PCP, finally got insurance, don't want to wade through 40 providers online and find the one with the first availability. Their doctors say they are accepting new patients, but no one answers the phones or returns calls.

If this is how they operate now, how do existing patients communicate with the clinic? At the risk of sounding boomer-y, answer your damn phones, especially when the website directs you to "call so we can help schedule your appointment."

Edit: didn't realize they'd recently moved. Willing to be a bit more charitable.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cloud_Disconnected t1_ist3xyj wrote

Isn't this how every business operates now? I know that pretty much every place I call--whether it's a mechanic, a dentist, a mover, a bank, whatever--it's always leave a message and we'll call you back when we feel like it (or IF we feel like it).

It may not be applicable to your situation, but I've learned to just show up at places. They can ignore a phone call, but if you're standing in front of them you have made yourself a problem that they have to deal with to get you to go away. It sucks, but that seems to be what you have to do to get even a basic level of service now.

00112358132135 t1_istlx85 wrote

Is it? When did things change?

Today I literally called 5 different DMV’s in Greene county. None of them answered the phone. They told me to leave a message on Facebook or a voicemail.

Personally I’m not a fan of this timeline.

Cloud_Disconnected t1_istslhx wrote

During the pandemic. But things will never go back to the way they were now that places have realized they can get away with it.

From now on it's going to be download our shitty app, connect on a shitty social network, get "customer service" from a chatbot, pay for things that used to be free, etc.

the_honeyman OP t1_ist4k6v wrote

I was honestly just considering doing just that. Showing up in person.

Pretty lame that that's where we are collectively now.

ProgressMom68 t1_ist2dhi wrote

You have to leave a message and they’ll call you back. It’s idiotic. Also you know they have moved? They’re down by Cox South now.

the_honeyman OP t1_ist2l27 wrote

I have left 3 messages now over the span of a week and a half. No, I did not know they moved, Google still had them listed at North last time I checked. Thanks for the info, and yes it's absolutely idiotic.

ProgressMom68 t1_ist2uyu wrote

Oh geeze. That’s ridiculous. It infuriates me how difficult it is to communicate with them. I considered finding another practice but the pharmacy team that manages my diabetes is amazing.

mr_heathcliffe t1_ist698p wrote

Something has changed with their phone system. Idk if it's related to the location change or what. I am an established patient and tried calling the doctor 2 weeks ago. Could never get through to the automated system to leave a message. Phones would just ring and ring until it hung up.

the_honeyman OP t1_ist6fec wrote

I'm getting through to the answering machine, but might as well not be, for all the good it's doing.

Stonedprincess0912 t1_isth67k wrote

My family was just there for my sons check up. It’s 100% the moves fault. They are running like chickens with their heads cut off. I would go in person (warning it’s a bit busy today) and make sure y’all get good.

Use_the_Loofah t1_ist3to6 wrote

I have had the best luck by establishing care with a provider that allows online booking for your initial appointment. After that you can send them a message through the patient portal and they can schedule appointments without you having to call.

In the past I've also tried to call and had to leave messages with no response. It's infuriating, but knowing they recently moved office locations I would give them a bit more patience.

the_honeyman OP t1_ist48wy wrote

Well, the recent move was a factor I was unaware of, but they have historically been hard to get ahold of, they were my son's first pediatric care. Really seems like I just need to look elsewhere at this point.

phoenixrising225 t1_isyg3z2 wrote

I worked there and the constant complaint was communication. Messages not being returned or delivered to appropriate places. They’re so short staffed I doubt there is hardly anyone to even answer phones live, it always goes to voicemail.

Use_the_Loofah t1_istt8ls wrote

Yeah Cox Health is a joke, I have never had such difficulty in scheduling appointments anywhere else I've lived in the recent past. I don't know if they had become short staffed during the pandemic and just haven't recovered, but their lack of communication with patients (walk in clinics included) is infuriating.

Pyxeeluv t1_istzaf0 wrote

I gave up on them. The problem with reaching them has been going on well before they moved. They almost never return messages either. I switched over to Cox Campbell. The appointment times can be a bit far off, but they do answer their phones.

_ism_ t1_isuc4lw wrote

Something similar happened to me, my primary care clinic shut down their office and moved or got absorbed into another system and didn't notify patients in any ahead of time kind of way ... or give alternatives to contact them for last minute release forms to new doctors... so we were calling an empty office suite for like two months before just caving in and going with the next available PCP at Mercy, simply due to the fact the portal is convenient enough for basic ass communications.

[deleted] t1_iszzffi wrote

I’ve had this issue before and it turned out that their phone lines were down or something along those lines

deborah_jai t1_ist2afa wrote

I don’t recognize that name. What’s your insurance network? If it’s Mercy, is there anything in your personal life (especially being a member of the LGBTQ+ community) that would mess with your ability to get quality care there?