Submitted by raspberry_mint t3_zxewlr in springfieldMO

Hello, all. I recently graduated with my Bachelor of Social Work from MSU and now work as a case manager at the Excel Center (free adult hs). I have a 2 year old mini poodle service dog named Púca. I am looking to find a female or LGBTQ+ roommate and am hoping to be able to find a house to rent.

The timeline would preferably be within the next few months. If you are currently looking for a roomie for your place, I am open to initiating a discussion.

Things to know about me:

• I am a survivor of childhood domestic abuse
  • I am neurodivergent
  • I like playing games (card, video, board, role playing)
  • I am a practicing Witch
  • I am a lesbian
  • I am gender nonconforming
  • I prefer sitting on the floor with various floor seating options or swaying in a hammock (no "regular" couch for me)
  • I am vegetarian by choice and gluten free by necessity
  • I like volleyball

Things to know about Púca:

• Balls are best toy
  • Constantly mistaken for a girl lol
  • Reserved around other dogs due to being attacked previously
  • Loves to run/chase
  • Really needs a yard
  • Obtained Canine Good Citizen
  • Loves going to training class

Please reach out to me via DM if you are interested/have any questions. :) For any potential roomie, there will be a period of time where we explore living compatibility and, if we decide to proceed, co-craft and sign a roommate agreement.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

raspberry_mint OP t1_j20tbx0 wrote

It is in fact possible. My gender expression and my sexuality are two different things. I identify as a gender nonconforming woman bc I don't partake of many societal norms all women are assumed to automatically adhere to. I also identify as a lesbian. I am not sure what is confusing about this.

raspberry_mint OP t1_j20v4gx wrote

You're missing my point that I am a gender nonconforming woman while also being a lesbian. Please see "gender variance/nonconforming":

1. Gender variance or gender nonconformity is behavior or gender expression by an individual that does not match masculine or feminine gender norms. A gender-nonconforming person may be variant in their gender identity, being transgender or non-binary, or they may be cisgender.

2. Gender nonconforming means not adhering to society's gender norms. People may describe themselves as gender nonconforming if they don't conform to the gender expression, presentation, behaviors, roles, or expectations that society sees as the norm for their gender. People of any gender identity can be gender nonconforming.

Source 1: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_variance#:~:text=Gender%20variance%20or%20gender%20nonconformity,or%20they%20may%20be%20cisgender.

Source 2: https://www.verywellmind.com/gender-nonconforming-definition-4582878

EcoAffinity t1_j20w0o4 wrote

You're coming off as a complete ass trying to tell OP what they are and aren't, especially since you're wrong.

You're equating non-binary (not woman or man) with gender non conforming, which means one doesn't follow the stereotypical roles and presentation that is expected of their gender (such as butch women or femme men). They're contradictory to each other since non-binary can't be gender non conforming simply because they aren't one of the binary genders to begin with. OP literally says she's a woman, who's lesbian, and is gender non-conforming, which means she doesn't conform to typical woman behaviors/presentation.

Stay in your lane and stop arguing what you don't understand.

EcoAffinity t1_j20wy9o wrote

Obviously it matters because you have Feelings about the matter. For the kind of roommates OP is looking for, it makes complete sense to give that type of information. This post isn't about you, obviously isn't geared towards you, so stop making it about yourself and how confused you are about someone else's existence.

VoidDemon0226 t1_j21mv37 wrote

I hope you get a good roommate :) glad there's other LGBT ND people in Springfield!

Cthepo t1_j22hcoe wrote

This is a roommate posting, not a meta discussion on social issues. If you don't have anything to contribute your comment will be removed. If you comment on a roommate posting with the intention of being demeaning you'll be banned. Thanks.