Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TGov t1_j4s1p42 wrote

Greek Belly gets my vote.

Arris pizza has some good stuff too.

matramepapi t1_j4wykv9 wrote

I grew up on Arri’s. It’s legit. Greek belly is too.

disturbed_beaver t1_j4sdlcs wrote

That Lebanese Place is a good one too. The owner is super friendly and the food is well priced.

baby_got_hax t1_j4t9tub wrote

Is it place or palace?!?! I always thought it was weird to call a restaurant "place" but maybe that's my inbred southern roots wanting a " Chinese palace" or "Italian Palace" to pig out in- just sounds so much fancier than a place 🙄

−7

var23 t1_j4s19ta wrote

Greek Belly.

arcticmischief t1_j4t3s7l wrote

As a foodie and self-proclaimed gyros snob (Middle Eastern is my weakness) and someone who has traveled the breadth of Greece: we are extremely privileged to have Greek Belly here. While Greek cuisine is far broader than just gyros, if you want great gyros, Greek Belly is as good as any you’ll find anywhere, in or out of Greece. The owner makes his gyros meat by hand from whole muscle cuts, not that processed extruded goo that most gyros stands (even in places like Chicago or NYC) use.

He also has other items like souvlaki and kebabs, and while they’re all excellent, definitely go for the gyros on your first visit.

The ambiance is also upscale for a gyros spot, so while service can be a little slow, it makes for a nice evening. Definitely worth a visit!

internationalkoala00 t1_j4t4n4v wrote

I've also had gyros in Greece and I also feel so privileged to have them here! Second trying the gyro first, if they still have the kraken on the menu that one was phenomenal.

arcticmischief t1_j4t4rf4 wrote

The Kraken is my go-to! Might have to go get one tonight now, haha.

theratking007 OP t1_j4t6zbw wrote

I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments! I will go to Greek Belly tomorrow night!

Glittering-Plum7791 t1_j4uysn2 wrote

I am going to let you know right now- if you order the fries and DON'T get the drunken pepper sauce on the side, you are doing yourself a disservice.

evadssor t1_j4skppx wrote

Greek Belly all the way

dannyjbixby t1_j4t8f4c wrote

Greek Belly for sure, but don’t ignore That Lebanese Place

Cold417 t1_j4tf9gs wrote

Greek Belly is my #1. In Branson, it's Vasken's International Deli. In Joplin, it's M&M Bistro.

I also think there's a place opening in the mall food court...not sure who.

LogAltruistic7087 t1_j4wsgr8 wrote

GREEK BELLY!!!!! I’ve tried so many places around the country and nothing comes close

tater-todds t1_j4wx4m8 wrote

Greek that moved to Springfield here - gotta tip my hat to Greek Belly as well! Closest gyro to my family recipe I've ever found!