Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BallardRex t1_iy9n8x3 wrote

Those clips all look credibly fake, especially the terrain and vegetation. How are people falling for this?

Boo_Guy t1_iy9qwvk wrote

Incredibly poor media literacy.

3mium t1_iy9u8r9 wrote

Posts og Command & Conquer gameplay as footage of the frontlines.

lucimon97 t1_iyal16f wrote

Putin is going to the only place that hasn't yet been corrupted by captialism Ukrainian fascists...

SPACE!

dexter30 t1_iycq30l wrote

"OH cool, I didn't realise ric flair was leading our armies"

taisui t1_iybwqne wrote

If you think about, the average person is really dumb, and half of the population is even dumber.

Mikeavelli t1_iyb25x5 wrote

Remember that time North Korea put out Call of Duty footage in a propaganda video about invading the United States?

Alternative_Dish740 t1_iy9u2v4 wrote

A lot of video from foreign sources looks like fucking potato in the first place, especially when it's not from a big studio.

zero0n3 t1_iyakmxa wrote

A filter here, some contrast change here and bam - it’s now on Fox News and CNN

lucimon97 t1_iyal61h wrote

Just give it the once over with shaky cam + grainy image and god knows where that is or if it's even real.

FewPresentation1314 t1_iybh8ee wrote

The linked video from the article felt more like a how to: Just blur you in-game footage and have no camera stability. Honestly it feels more like a PR stunt for people to talk about that games

spoollyger t1_iy9wt6t wrote

Some people have never seen video game footage in their entire life. How are they supposed to be able to tell?

−11

DirtyPolecat t1_iya6yub wrote

Unless someone's some sort of feral forest wolf-child or Amish, I refuse to believe there's anybody left in the western world over the age of 12 who has never seen video game graphics even in a commercial or something. These things have been with us for 50 years now.

lucimon97 t1_iyalisv wrote

Doesn't matter if they've seen ArmA, or any other game for that matter, before. They've all seen the real world and even when ArmA 3 was new it wasn't exactly a looker.

plugubius t1_iy9zpjk wrote

The game is Arma 3.

Digital_Simian t1_iyalpkt wrote

I've seen Arma 3 footage with a click bait headline that makes it sound like real war footage and the body text will usually state it was made in Arma.

If you actually watch the footage (even on a small screen) it doesn't look real. I take this to mean that even journalist will only read the headline.

80Pound t1_iye36cm wrote

The other is Digital Combat Simulator. A realistic fighter simulator. It got to the point that DCS came out and publicly came out with a KNOCK IT OFF request to users.

BeltfedOne t1_iy9jc1d wrote

A lot of people are tired of it. Great product but...

Disappearingbox t1_iybmpfk wrote

Well, some of the actual Russian troops display the professionalism and competency of a SovietWomble video. It can be confusing.

Jboi75 t1_iyayhtd wrote

I’ve seen tons of Arma clips posted to tiktok claiming it’s from Ukraine/Russia.

skunksmasher t1_iya7fjz wrote

But were else will the media get their footage from, reddit?

Hsensei t1_iyauryd wrote

Figured it was arma3 and wasn't disappointed

710AlpacaBowl t1_iy9tetw wrote

"Getting dark in this warzone better turn the headlights on."

iamkurru t1_iybwqmp wrote

If people are falling for this shit, reason has already lost. Forget the uncanny valley, clearly don't need to half ass it.

Sky_Muffins t1_iybx271 wrote

My parents noticed I had an interest in Roman history as a teen and bought this DVD about it. I nearly died laughing when suddenly expert interviews are left behind for Rome: Total War battle reenactments. Ah yes, let's zoom in on this little 10 pixel general

MouseBusiness8758 t1_iyckr7x wrote

If you have actually ever played Arma you can tell within a second that these videos are fake.

ImUrFrand t1_iyclxmd wrote

this seems like some advertising attempt.

400921FB54442D18 t1_iydgciz wrote

"I didn't spend years making a tool for rendering realistic war scenes just to have somebody come along and use it for rendering realistic war scenes!"

−1

Xikun t1_iyb3vsl wrote

Im tired of when every attractive woman asks me for my number.

−11

JimmyM0240 t1_iybkiku wrote

Good luck buddy, you'll get a real number someday! Keep trying!

Xikun t1_iybmvzu wrote

Downvotes for making fun of the headline of what’s clearly them thinking their game is better looking than it is.

−7

Kirome t1_iyafetx wrote

/r/leopardsatemyface

−12